Topic: Rainy Day In Carolina

Hi Everyone,

Well it's a rainy day here in Carolina, so that means Topdown, Guitarpix, and myself are all gettin rained on today, it's chilly, cool and breezy, not my kind of weather at allit's only suppose to get into the 40's today. I guess God created economists so weathermen would look good. So I started wondering if any of our friends from up North across the border or across the pond were seeing any snow yet. It's getting late in November so I thought maybe it was snowing somewhere. This post has no real point, just the meanderings of an old Southern country boy. So...Anybodt got snow?

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: Rainy Day In Carolina

No snow yet but we seem to be getting your cast-off hurricanes. Very wet and windy here.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hey Cam ,
    The only snow we've gotten was one night in october ... Wife and I were sitting in the hot tub and it was snowing like heck , L O L ... It was gone about a day later ... This time of year though , you never know what it's gonna do ... I make my living in the winter time by moving the stuff , but I always have mixed feelings about seeing it , L O L ...
                                                                  Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

No snow, but it is 35 degrees and the surf is good.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

No snow yet here in Atlantic Canada. very mild this fall.

badeye

one caper after another

buvvy wrote:

No snow, but it is 35 degrees and the surf is good.

And COLD smile  I hit the beach for a bit Saturday morning and frooze! I may hang the board up for the winter or untill the urge overpowers good judgement wink  Been watching Laird riding masives in "Riding Giants" and already getting that twitch lol Here's a clip from the movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYQQtxb8wv0 Check out the power in that break at 1:00 in the video yikes  Man must be crazy!  Love it though smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hi Pix, I have a dvd of Riding Giants, which I have watched over and over. Seriously good stuff. Yesterday we boiled, today was iffy, and now at 4.45pm it is about to rain. Very strange ?????

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

Ooooooh i love snow,

We don't get to much snow ever. But now were praying we don't get any at all. the rivers cannot take anymore water.
How in Gods name did the people of New Orleans cope ?
Mary Gaulthier wrote this song at that time. She explained  in concert to us how, she was in Hawaii when she heard about the disaster. Upper most in her thoughts was her Father. so she wrote this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6EWitBW_F4

Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Cam I now live in Turkey in the mountans moved out here from the UK. The mountains  have snow on them but I am on my balcony in 30 deg playing guitar practising for christmas show we  are doing and playing LET IT SNOW Regards Roger

Life is but a journey that I don't want to end, that now my day's with D and my guitar I spend.

Wow, all the way in Turkey, thats a long way from me, I seen this moring on the news that there is a chance of snow tonight in the mountains of North Carolina, the snow is beautiful but I'm a warm weather kinda person, as I love being outdoors.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

No snow yet in Central NY ... tho it's chilly for sure!  I hear from the hunters that the deer were VERY late to go into rut this year... which likely means a very mild winter for us this year... or at least, a late start to winter.  That's ok... I wouldn't mind only 2 months of it instead of the 4-5 we usually get!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

No snow yet in Central NY ... tho it's chilly for sure!  I hear from the hunters that the deer were VERY late to go into rut this year... which likely means a very mild winter for us this year... or at least, a late start to winter.  That's ok... I wouldn't mind only 2 months of it instead of the 4-5 we usually get!

AMEN SISTER AMEN!!!!!  After the last two winters here, I need a serious break. 

No snow yet in the wilds of Western Maine in the foothills of the Mountains of Madness.  Though Mt. Washington has a white gleam in the distance, but then again they get snow every month of the year up there!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Hi Cam,  Sorry no snow here in West Central Oregon.... Yet!

It's not unusual for us to have snow as early as Thanksgiving, just not this year.  White frosting in the foothills and the ski lifts are running though.  Plenty of rain, and sleet, and fog, and miserable cold winds gusting through the Valley, but not quite cold enough for snow.

Merhaba Rogerjamtill, (sorry about the phonetic spelling, keyboard limitations).

Keep playing that tune and it will be so... I remember a white Christmas in Istanbul.  Grew up in Turkey myself and we were resident there for eight years, but not military.  I'd like to think that the cultural experience has made me a better person, or at least more understanding and tolerant. 

Y'all Take Care, and have a safe Holiday Season.
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare