1 (edited by mekidsmom 2009-12-21 16:20:38)

Topic: Happy Holidays

Ok... before the site turns into an evil buzz from all those that don't like the others celebrating "Christmas" as a holiday surrounding the birth of Christ... I want to say to everyone... HAPPY Holidays!

If you're celebrating:
Christmas
winter solstice
Bodhi Day
Hanukkah
Day of the Return of the Wandering Goddess
Feast of Sacrifice or Day of Sacrifice
the Hajj
Soyal
Saturnalia
Yule
Zartusht-no-diso
1000 Lamp Mandala Ceremony
Fesivus
Krismas
Kwanza
Omisoka
Shabe-Yalda
Or anything else I might have missed....

Then I just want to wish you ALL a very HAPPY HOLIDAY to you and your family!

If you're not celebrating anything... then I hope you have a nice December. 

Please... respect other's choices in what they choose to celebrate or not celebrate and don't beat each other over the head for their choices and their good wishes to others who choose to celebrate similarly.  Let's all choose to show good humanity to one another this December.  It's the LEAST we can do for our online FRIENDS!  If we can't all agree to do that... then why are we here?  Inhumanity is, in my humble opinion, not an option.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas MKM.  And to everyone else also.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

3 (edited by tubatooter1940 2009-12-21 17:14:41)

And a Merry Christmas to you, MKM.
You are so much nicer than you have to be.
Keep on picking and grinning,
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Merry Christmas to you and to everyone else the same.

Well thank you MKM ... And Happy Holidays , Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all the other good folks on here ... I've been meaning to post a similar thread myself , but just can't get on here as much as I would like ... As Scrooge's nephew said , " I plan to wish him a merry Christmas every year , whether he likes it or not " , ( well something to that effect ) ... L O L ............ Thanks again .........
                                                           Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Thanks Amy, lovely sentiments. Happy Christmas to you and your family.

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Group Hug!!!!

All the very best of wishes to everyone in Chordieland and beyond.

[Nicely done, Amy]

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Wow - That's quite the list Amy. I think I will attempt celebrating every one of them. I so love a party!

So where to start? I do believe today is the Winter Solstice so that seems a good place to begin. Now I just gotta figure out an appropriate cocktail.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

HO HO HO   MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY

from thr great white north  ,,   badeyesanta..     cool

one caper after another

In my heart it just feels plain ole good to say Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas and the Very Very Best New Year to all members here at Chordie. big_smile

Nice Done Amy big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

11 (edited by wlbaye 2009-12-21 22:42:03)

Merry Christmas to All,

I noticed MKM missed Boxing Day the 26th but we have to cut her some slack smile

Tops, here's a cocktail that I tried out on my wife last night, she had 3 and wobbled off to bed. I think Old Doll may have pointed this sight out .

Kinda like Christmas in your mouth but after about six of em they get kinda sweet smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12KIj-uqJ4E

Later, Wayne P

WHOOPS!  Sorry about missing Boxing Day!  LOL!  Hey... I tried my best, thanks for the slack Wayne! smile

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays (and Happy December) to all! 

Hmmm... I think I'd do without the Goldschlager (ackkk) ... seems like it needs some pepermint schnapps for a "Chiristmas in your mouth".  How about a little Hot Cocoa with some Dr. thrown in? 

Jeff... I think most of the Winter Solstice celebrators prefer some homemade wine.  I could be wrong, but most that I know are "hippies of the 2000's" and tend to go with things like that... amongst other various "peace pipe" type celebration sharing if you get my drift!  Have FUN!  smile

Happy holidays to all and Merry Christmas to the Christians!!!!! I hate the fact that people are offended by Merry Christmas; I am not offended by Happy Hanukkah just not applicable.

Peace and Love to all no matter what your denomination.

Unless you're against peace and love in which case "Chaos and Hatred"....

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

lol lol :lol:Wilbaye.

I hope to perform that wobble soon. All the ingredients at the ready. It is as they say " Like christmas on your tongue.
YUMMY.

Heres a link Wilbaye, You may like to add to your next collection. I do feel its one you'd do well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ZkAKCNQNw

Back to work now ! Whoohoo!  last day  of flowers /wires/ baubles/ and wet cold oasis!. Im then gonna have myself a"

MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS  with memories, family, sadness for lost ones, warm heady cooking aroma's, vegging out, old movies, but most of all good music and singsongs.

Oh!  i also won a competition for a Millionaire draw i entered. Free night for new years eve in the Herbert park Hotel Dublin. Trip to the Telivision Station for the show, then back to party. With champagne breakfast new years day.
Sure i was born for this kinda life lol
A good way to start the new year dont ya think ?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g4lY8Y3eoo

Blessed i am.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Old Doll, that sounds like a FANTASTIC way to celebrate the new year!  I'll be doing the "usual" ... the party's at my house so everyone can bring their kids and hang out!  One year we had a wedding to go to on New Years eve... I got so much flack from not having my party... LOL!

16 (edited by Stonebridge 2009-12-24 20:24:03)

Merry Christmas to everyone on Chordie - or Nadolig Llawen, as we say it in Wales.

Have a great X-mas;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_W7p35SzuI

Happy Hollidays to all.     Badeye..

one caper after another

thanks mekidsmom,glad you got most everones holidays in there,Me I am just happy with merry christmas.I hope everyone will have a good one. ( please dont drink and drive)

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Mekidsmom and all Chordie members.
As a traditionalist I will wish everyone a Great Christmas and new year from merry ole England  smile
and would like to thank all posters for their contributions to the forums through the year..
ark

From a VERY windy Wisconsin with snow to follow "Merry Christmas" to all Chordieans smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

From a cold but sunny central England a very Merry Christmas to everyone, especially Per for what he gives us all each year.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Merry Christmas to all from a very snowy Iowa
We got us a white Christmas this year.
We still had 6 inches on the ground from our last storm, and we've received 6 more, so far, from the current one. They say this one could dump 10 - 14 inches when it's all done tomorrow. Plus the wind is howling at around 15 mph with gusts up to 40

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

Don

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I would like to take a moment here to wish all

A very Happy Christmas. To all who emailed me privately. A special "Thank You" Its very  much appreciated.

To all the chordians who gave me such great support this year in particular. Your all wonderful and magical to me.
I looked at the beauty of  small red  holly berry today and admired its strength to blossom in the coldest of winter weather. May all your lives blossom with the same strength.
Have a wonderful day where ever you live on the planet.

From the Emerald isle of Ireland Gods blessings to you all.

This is my favourite rendition of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZRFnN5snhI

Old Doll.

Ps. Mekidsmom !

I have reactivated  my face book account at the request of my many neices and nephews and some friends just some months ago. I dont spend to much time there. But i do answer whatever post i recieve.

Now back to christmas and a gingerbread man lol

Old Doll