Topic: DISCOVERY "RIFF" CHANNEL

ISN'T IT STRANGE THAT A LOT OF SONGS HAVE ALMOST IDENTICAL INTROS or MELODY LINES?
EXAMPLE:
1) ALL RIGHT NOW (FREE)
2) ROCKIN' ME (STEVE MILLER) almost identical intros.

DO YOU KNOW OTHER SONGS LIKE THIS?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: DISCOVERY "RIFF" CHANNEL

The riffs from Smoke On The Water (Deep Purple) and Radar Love (Golden Earring?) are pretty similar.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Every single song I play in the key of D would count. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

a typical example is LOUIE LOUIE, GET OUT OF MY CLOUD (Stones).
There are only 7 major chords and a typical "overconsumption riff is E - A - B
06sc500: I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THESE RIFFS ARE "similar"

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

There are thousands of twelve bar blues songs as well as three and four chord country tunes with few variations in the melody line.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

How about "The House of the Risin' Sun" played as "Amazing Grace"?

Nela

It is also possible to sing Amazing Grace to the tune of Gilligan's Island theme song.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude