Topic: Gifts!!!

Hey, thought it'd be neat  if we could share what each other's favorite gift that we got for Cmas was.

mine was a tuner that clips onto the headstock of the guitar and can tune by vibes or mic.

The world is only going to get worse!

Re: Gifts!!!

PS3 smile Technically not mine since I bought it for the kids, but I Play as much as they do wink Our old PS3 had quit about 6 months ago, it was $200 to repair it or wait and buy the new model for $299...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

The new Chris Brookmyre book. Oh... and we got a new PC as a family gift to ourselves. smile

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hi all,
My wonderfull wife bought me an Animal fur lined hooded fleece this year and i'm happy to say it is so cosy they're gona have to shoehorn me out of it round about April.

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2010.

P.S. it's fake fur, but still very cosy.

see you out the back. big_smile

I received a little light that clips onto the strings above the nut and illuminates the fretboard.  Rather handy for my campfire sessions, though I expect that I'll clip it to the bill of my cap more than the strings.  I also received a new pack of heavy picks.  I don't generally use heavy picks, but I've been needing to pick my bass up more and am thinking that I may commit the sacrilege of using a pick on a bass guitar, so they'll come in handy for that. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I got a GPS unit for those times for when i do go somewhere out of the ordinary. No musical gifts for me this year. I always get as i need anyhow so i feel the need for a good electric coming soon lol.

i recieved some gibson j200 pb strings. thedy are Heaven!!! smile didnt think there would be much difference between strings, how wrong could i have been. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

a digital camera

one caper after another

I HAD TO BUY MY OWN GIFTS sad

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Ahh Docs,

You sweet man, did you really buy your own ? Email your address  to me. Ill buy you a gift and send it you OK.

My  biggest gift was not having to endure "Angry whisky drunkeness, which i endured for many years.

My favourite was being able to spend another happy christmas with my family, friends and relations. Oh i also got a lot of  wonderful material gifts which i wasnt expecting. John Prine cds topped them all.
Blessed i am.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Old Doll. This angry whisky drunkeness has always baffled me. It has the exact opposite effect on me. I just want to cuddle everyone and tell them I love them. I'm hoping this means that whisky brings out the suppressed emotions therefore if your angry inside it comes out. That's my theory lol . Needless to say I did get whisky as a gift and I did get girlie and emotional. smile

Hugs.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

I bought Rock Band 2 for the family, and spent most of the weekend jamming with the kids.  That game is a riot.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I think whiskey reduces your inhibitions.  If you're uptight and distressed when you start drinking, you're going to let out those comments and emotions that are bottled up.  The whiskey doesn't generate the anger, it just lets it out of its cage.   If you're mellow and feeling good about life when you start drinking, you're going to start hugging folks and passing out the love.  Again, reducing inhibition and restraint to let out what's there already.  That's what I think anyway. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Alvee,

I am exactly like that with alcohol. I get all soppy with it. Yours is a good analogy though.
I never thought about it like that !

I ofton wonder is it the mixture of guinness and whisky ? What ever it is its  Very SCARY. There wasnt a lot of booze around me growing up, so this  was completely new to me.

We live and learn. [ Gifts of peace and happiness. to you]

Old Doll

Zurf wrote:

I think whiskey reduces your inhibitions.  If you're uptight and distressed when you start drinking, you're going to let out those comments and emotions that are bottled up.  The whiskey doesn't generate the anger, it just lets it out of its cage.   If you're mellow and feeling good about life when you start drinking, you're going to start hugging folks and passing out the love.  Again, reducing inhibition and restraint to let out what's there already.  That's what I think anyway. 

- Zurf

Yup.   Whiskey doesn't make you mean, it just gives you an excuse when you show people how mean you are.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Seems to me back in rehab, my councillor put forth: HALT....  Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired,  some of the worst times to pick up a bottle.

May be a grain of truth in there, but I've been in that virtual desert for a long time now, and don't seem too much worse off for either started or ended that journey.  A few brain cells still work....

Y'all Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hello Doug,  seems we have travelled the same road.
Keep your head up Mate
Cheers
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Hello all,
            I have just read back through the thread after I last posted. I have drifted off the origanal concept and I apologise for that.
Cheers
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

This wasn't technically a Christmas gift, as I ordered it using Delta Sky Miles Points, but timed it so it would arrive around Christmas.

The gift was our first iPod, which I immediately connected to our whole-house audio system.  Now, rather than having to pick five CDs for the tray every time we have guests over, I've got my entire collection - which includes several ukulele classics - shuffling all the time.  Before the iPod, these uke tracks (Iz' "Somewhere Over The Rainbow," Jake's "Gently Weeps," George Formby's "Little Ukulele," etc)  rarely got played.  Now, they are just as much a part of the mix as The Beatles, Billy Joel, The Stones, Sinatra, The Mills Brothers, Willie Nelson, Pink Floyd, and all the rest.  Great "gift!"

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...

washed by Him!

My sincere apologies, my reply hijacked your thread.

May i start this again by saying i also got the gift of a new Cell phone.

Old Doll.