Topic: Ok, so what new toys did you get?

Merry Christmas all.

For me no music gear, but the computer is spankin' new and replaces my dinosaur.  Emachines 4 Gb ram, 750 Gb hard drive, love it.  Right away I'm enjoying the net and music much finer than before.  But I know ya'll got some nice toys.  Extra credit for photos.  Come on, put 'em up.

Steve

Re: Ok, so what new toys did you get?

A new digital camera for Badeye and Gem. O and the new laptop/  santa was good.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

A pair of Simpsons oversized slippers.!!!

A far cry from the new Breedlove 12 string I have been drooling over.

Never mind, there's always next year.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

I have everything musical I will ever need except a looper pedal and I doubt I REALLY need one.
I got my grandson Casey bongo drums. he had to let him open that present early to play them on a gig we had on the 23rd at his former Montessori School.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

1979 Yamaha CJ818 guitar
(another) guitar stand
Strings
Bone saddle

charlotte wrote:

A pair of Simpsons oversized slippers.!!!

A far cry from the new Breedlove 12 string I have been drooling over.

Never mind, there's always next year.

Ha, sometimes you have to buy your own present.  Maybe for Valentine's Day !

A Squeezebox Duet that streams music from computer to my stereo in the front room.  I love it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

8 (edited by AccoustikNoyz 2009-12-27 20:12:19)

Um I forgot my one big piece of gigging gear, tho from the looks of it I won't be packing the house...

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w140/AccoustikNoyz/Ampminimixer007.jpg

9 (edited by mekidsmom 2009-12-28 12:14:19)

Gig bag (no longer have to wrap my guitar in a blanket to take it with me YAY), tuner with chord finder (built in electronic chord chart of sorts), music stand (so I can see what I'm playing without leaning over LOL), peg winder, and some pots and pans so I can cook more food!  ha ha!  Nothing too special... but my b.day is coming up and I'm getting the new Motorola Droid on the 4th when our contract is up! 

I got my boys each new electric guitars... because I was so good to them, at least there's more good guitars in the house and of course I'm allowed to play them too!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

got the Hal Leonard Easy Guitar book for Taylor Swift's Fearless album...

and my grandkids got me some personalised plectrums... that are far too good to ever use...

[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/Paul.jpg]a better photo of me[/url]
[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/IMGP0556.jpg]My basses[/url]
haven't photographed my guitars yet... smile

MXR Limited run "Classic Distortion".

Got the last one in the state of NY.
Hopefully it will get here sometime this week...

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Digitech JamMan!  Loving it!

Now available in 5G !

no toys just clothes,I think my kids are trying to tell me something.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

no toys just clothes,I think my kids are trying to tell me something.

sorry to hear that!  I didn't really get any toys either... sad day... feel like a little brat pouting in the corner cuz I didn't get anything to keep my attention for more than a minute or two... although the things I did get will come in handy.  It's ok if you go pout for a bit about it dino... and then take a trip to the store and get yourself something good!  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

$45 of iTunes cards got me some fresh new tunes to jam to in the car...also got a phone and a Wii...I buy everything I need for guitar on my own, so there was no need for Santa to bring any guitar accessories.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Bose Around-Ear headphones...amazing sound.  My sweetie wanted me to be able to hear my ipod when I'm on the lawn tractor.  What a gal.  No guitar stuff, but that's really up to me.  MKM, I hear you on the music stand.  I got one just before Christmas and the crick in my shoulder is finally loosening up.

Nothing exceeds like excess.

Nothing to do with Christmas, but have recently acquired a Boss Rc-2 looper & a Roland Cube amp. Wife has yet to notice!!!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Got a little Roland Pocket Pod. Great Item for practice...I can plug in a set of headphones, an MP-3 player with backing tracks and play away without bothering anyone. Can also use it to shape sound going into my amp...so far, no complaints!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Fender American Highway 1 (SSS), HSS pickguard prewired with 2 Lace singles and 1 humbucker for that HSS "Fat Strat" sound.

American Fender Stratocaster Highway 1 SSS
Squirer Standard Stratocaster customized (Lace pickups, HSS, custom paint job)
Ovation C-065
Ibanez SGT-120

Mr Mer,

That is one sweet guitar , you have to share when you get something that nice smile  Let's see some pix please.
My nephew has a yellow one that looks and sounds way good  cool

Later, Wayne P

Martin DX1 - Yipeeeee me a lucky boy!

I got 20€, that's it.
Since I have everything..., there are some nice things I would love to have: a 62' TV screen (155cm) but the price $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$and I have a 127cm.
New PC maybe? I don't work since 5 years now, you can call me retired (and retarded), I was very lucky in my finances, so I don't worry.
BUT WHAT WOULD YOU PREFER? $$$ & €€€ and pain the whole day, not able to walk upon a hill, no gardening, "quick-cooking" like a steak .... YOU CAN HAVE MY LIFE, I PUT IT ON EBAY
BUT I AM HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

wlbaye wrote:

Mr Mer,

That is one sweet guitar , you have to share when you get something that nice smile  Let's see some pix please.
My nephew has a yellow one that looks and sounds way good  cool

Thanks. I have recently added to the stable a Squirer Strat body/neck, with custom paint job... all done by myself, with that prewired HSS pickguard. Still waiting on some parts (jack, jack plate, misc. screws, tremolo bar).

An Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9, Line 6 Spider III 75, Line 6 POD 2.0, like 10k picks, a Crybaby, a Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver and a Boss PSM-5 that I use as main switch.

In the works:

Will trade the Squirer Strat for a Telecaster or an Epi Les Paul.
Another Tubescreamer
A Marshall Bluesbreaker, when the wife authorize me some funds :-(

American Fender Stratocaster Highway 1 SSS
Squirer Standard Stratocaster customized (Lace pickups, HSS, custom paint job)
Ovation C-065
Ibanez SGT-120