Topic: No more Amp Questions

I am afraid I hijacked Zguitars other thread when I asked the question about my amp.   
My question was basically how can I make my small amp accept more than 1 input. With replies from a few of you I was headed to the nearest pawn shop. Nothing at my first stop and nothing cheap at the second. However the guy at the second pawn shop told me about this at Radio Shack.For now it does all I wanted and if I ever want effects I would think I could add something later. Right now I am not concerned about effects.
By the way! I tried the"Y" cable and the power loss was too much. Really wasn't getting enough volume  for guitar or mike. Definitely not the case with this little dumpling.
www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102920 - 95k

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: No more Amp Questions

Hi Deadstring,

Yup, that'll do the job.  Another option would be a DI box, the "Y" cables don't isolate the two inputs so output from one bleeds over into the other device (Mic etc.) which would surely squelch the total output.  Somewhere there would have to be either a blocking diode, or some sort of impedance matching circuit to even out the signals.  I've used a small preamp with dual inputs for that purpose in feeding the guitar and a microphone into a common input (on PC) for recording with good results, but you have one up on that with the mixer as you can feed four and use the sliders to control the balance early in the signal to refine the output volumes.

Thanks for sharing the info, and as you get better acquainted with it, please post your impressions for others to reference.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug,
     I love it! I was surprised to find it did not have a 1/4" output to go to the amp but a cable to adapt it was available at same store.
     I now have a project in mind to mount the mixer to the back or side of the amp and wind up with a single piece traveling unit.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Well that didn't take long! Click for pictures.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/crazyoldcoot/whiteoak013.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/crazyoldcoot/whiteoak014.jpg

So let me get this right... this little rather cheap dohicky allows you to plug in a mic and possibly another guitar to your amp?  Or... a few pedals?  Sounds like an excellent answer to playing with more than one item in the house.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Yes Em!
I don't have a pedal to try but it does have 4 inputs. I am running a guitar and a mike and it works great. 
Have a gooden.

Well that's awesome!  I'll have to let the boys know when they get to that point of wanting to plug more stuff in... good idea rather than buying a new amp (course, if you were starting the better amp would be great... but to add on... PERFECTO!)  Thank you for sharing this info... and congrats on the find!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.