Topic: WHAT AMP DO YOU USE: ELECTRIC/ACOUSTIC?

Ihave a few amps, 2 were on the street as 'garbage', can you imagine?
- a Laney 30W bass (plays really good with electric guitars.)
- Marshall Valvestate 100W
- Fender Cybertwin 2X80W----> full of effects and fender amps
- Marshall AS100D = acoustic, but even better when played electric without effects

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WHAT AMP DO YOU USE: ELECTRIC/ACOUSTIC?

I play through a Korg A - 4 effects pedal into any of three P.A. systems from a 200 watt Peavey with tens and horns to a 24 channel Mackey board with six 300 watt Eons by J.B.L.
Gonna get me a looper someday.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Hi phil,have I have a peavy decade amd an old one a lady gave to me when she came to my house for a garage sale,it is an old epiphone both are small but have good sound for home use.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Dr. Phil,

I've got two amps that work and a third that collects dust.  I play an Egnater Rebel 30 212 for electrics and a Fishman Solo amp for acoustics and vocals.  Love them both.

Now available in 5G !

Sorry folks, but I'm a Behringer fan...

Main amp is a Combo V-Tone 212, but also a 110 version of that same amp as a head only through a 4X12" Cabinet.  The "old standby" and favorite practice amp is a Fender Champ.  Sometimes you just gotta push it through a couple tubes to remind yourself what they sound like.... but the 212 comes pretty darn close for the money!

In earlier years I've also played through Peavy, Vox, Crate, Marshall, and a few Fenders... All really good stuff especially the early tube (valve) models.  You can find them cheap sometimes with a dead tube or two and bring them back to life.  Tubes get old and die like light bulbs, and sometimes folks don't know, or are wary of poking around in the guts of electrical gadgets.  With good cause.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I love to play with effects, that's a cybertwin privilege, and it's a damn good amp.
But my favorite is: MY ACOUSTIC MARSHALL. Cleaner than clean.
I didn't compare though with other acoustic amps, I entered the music store to look around and I left with the Marshall.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

gitaardocphil wrote:

I love to play with effects, that's a cybertwin privilege, and it's a damn good amp.
I didn't compare though with other acoustic amps, I entered the music store to look around and I left with the Marshall.

Which guitar are you playing through the Marshall?

henryb wrote:
gitaardocphil wrote:

Which guitar are you playing through the Marshall?

Bumpity bump.

I play through a Fender Performer 650 - it is a hybrid amp - clean is solid state and overdrive is tube - a very loud amp for the size.

Now I work down at the car wash where all it ever does is rain.

'99 Gibson Les Paul Special DC, '99 Epiphone Dot, '06 Norman B50, '03 Yamaha FG-433S, Fender Performer 650

"2 were on the street as 'garbage', can you imagine?"

I sure wish I lived on you street!  <g>

I have a late '60s Fender Champ that I got 20+ years ago.   It is a tube amp, very simple, and a real sweetheart. 

More recently, got a Fender Stage 160 for a good price.  Great sound for a solid state with sweet Celestion speakers, but I found out that it has 5 basic volume levels:  Off; LOUD!! (1-2); Cops at the door (3-4); Take the roof off the house (5-7); and take the roof off the gymnasium (8-10).  Lesson learned.

I play my electric thru a Vox VT15 and my acoustics thru a Ibanez Troubadour T35. Both fit my needs pretty well. If i were to play out i use a Fender Champ 900 and just use the built in effects on it with the footswitch.