Topic: Taylor /washburn guitars

considering purchase of new guitar  any feedback on the attributes of either a Taylor 301 or a Washburn acoustic ??????? mostly playing folke country and rock

Re: Taylor /washburn guitars

Both companies make excellent products and I guess the best way to make the decision is to examine and play each one! Some of the Washburns are Chinese Imports and are very good guitars, but I would definately choose the American made Taylor.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

As long as you are buying, get the Taylor.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

If price is no object, I don't think you'd find anyone who wouldn't give the nod to Taylor. They are fine instruments. Washburn is not crap but Taylor is a cut above

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

5 (edited by AccoustikNoyz 2010-01-28 22:58:36)

Welcome to CHORDIE ycart2.    I agree with geo.

I have both a Washburn D100CE and Taylor 413CE and though I love the Taylor, and it's prob worth 6 times as much the Washburn has gotten nearly as much playtime.  Washburn heavier, thicker body, wider neck and deeper louder voice.  The Taylor more finesse, delicate tone, and of course everyone raves about Taylor.   I do regret not buying a Washburn with Rosewood back and sides on Craigslist recently for about $275....that was dumb.

Bottom line, you'll get a decent guitar from Washburn, but if you can afford 6 times as much and buy a Taylor that will be a lifetime guitar.  Good luck.  I think both are nice guitars.   Let us know.

Steve

thanks for the feedback  although i found the washbyrn to have a slightly tinner neck  i think ill go for the taylor