Topic: Acoustic Guitar Question

Hey Guys
I have been offered a acoustic guitar for a good price.
the brand is "Bravo"
I cant find any information on them
anyone heard of this brand before?
Thanks and Peace Out
Torquil

Re: Acoustic Guitar Question

OK I have also been offered a Ney York Pro for a little more money.
seems a lot to me depending on where it was made.
any one know ??

Hi Torquil,

I don't know of these personally but some reviews here:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi … w+York+Pro

http://www.alibaba.com/product/us107563 … itars.html (not acoustic though).

Epiphone DR500
Taylor 710Ce-Ltd
Epiphone SG400
Fender Squier CV50 Telecaster

Sorry Torquil, I've never heard of either brand.  Good luck.  I hope you wind up with something you like. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

5 (edited by vxn911 2010-01-25 14:55:53)

Both Bravo and the New York Pro model are also sold here in NB. They are a cheap beginners model. They usually sell for about $100.00 to $140.00 brand new. I would not know what they sound like. Hope this helps you smile.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, But how to dance in the rain... smile

Thanks alot everyone.
As I am unemployed I have been looking in the bargain finder papers.
for fixer uppers etc
Both guitars are way over priced .

cheaper to buy new from costco,sears etc.

or just save and get a fender LOL.

Have a look on eBay. Be patient and you'l get a bargain.

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.

Hey " Torquil "
Have you tried going into your closest "Music Store " that sells guitars. If you talk to the people who work there or better yet the " hands on owner " if possible and tell them the price range that you can afford most places will go out of their way to accomadate your needs. They even usually have a few nicks and small scratches gems put away some where that you can deal on. These guys will get you going not for the price of the guitar this time , but knowing that once you get into it a little bit you need strings, a case etc  and probably a better guitar down the road.  They know that once YOU get the guitar playing bug that they have a repeat customer for life.
GOOD-LUCK
Johnny V.

Thanks Johhny.
I have a couple of guitars allready.
but allways looking for more.
Just took a part time job at sears.
They sell the Nova brand.

will keep you informed .
Sears is well known for selling good quality merchandise.

Buying a guitar ar Sears is like buying a suit at Wall-Mart. Please go to a REAL music store.
Johnny V.
p.s.  Spent some time in Wetaskiwin about six lifetimes ago.

I buy everthing at Walmart lol (its the only place around) smile when it comes to a guitar I look for a bargin like everyone else but not at Walmart there is a music store close by smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks fort he Input Guys.
Walmart and Sears are like comparing apples and oranges.
Sears has a policy for only selling high quality merchandise.
I Own several Guitars I am just looking for reasonable priced ones to practice my Luthier skills on.
I will say I have an Epiphone that sounds like *offensive word removed* and an achademy 50 dollar that sounds like an angel so you never know.

I have never been to Wetaskiwin but did live in Camrose as a child fora while

Agustanna University, and the fountain.
Camrose is a nice clean town
J.V.

Yes it Is Johnny.
I like the whole east south east edmonton area.
Pleaseure to meet you.
HA HA I didnt think my word was that offensive
(see my last post)

In the USA we have "pawn shops' where people borrow money and leave items including guitars for security. Many never return to bail out their possessions. Since name brand guitars are usually the best, Pawned Fenders, Gibsons, Epiphones etc... can be found at a less than new price.
I found my Yamaha dreadnought (worth $400) in a pawn shop for $185.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Thanks man .I do visit pawn shops myself from time to time but way over priced in Canada.

tubatooter1940 wrote:

In the USA we have "pawn shops' where people borrow money and leave items including guitars for security.

haven't seen a pawn shop for a long time now in England... however we have these cash-generator and cash-converter shops which basically do the same... short term loans in exchange for items as security...

however, I never see good brands in them... I'm convinced the staff know what's good and move them on via eBay when the ticket expires...

[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/Paul.jpg]a better photo of me[/url]
[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/IMGP0556.jpg]My basses[/url]
haven't photographed my guitars yet... smile

E-Bay is a scary place to buy musical instruments without an opportunity to play them before purchase.
However I got lucky with a tuba purchase (I knew King was good quality manufacture) and an Olds Ambassador trumpet since I have owned that brand in the past.
Brand names mean a lot and if a purchase needs repair, at least you have something that was good to work with.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Well since Walmart decided to bail out of Germany I never got the "chance" to get guitars there... but for those in Europe: Lidl and Aldi doe sell guitars from time to time if you are in need of some firewood...

As for buying from eBay: for me it's always a gamble: If you think the chances of a guitar being shitty are 50:50, then you should only pay half of what it would be worth to you. If you think the chances are better or worse, adjust the price accordingly. As of now I mostly was in luck at eBay, at least with guitars...

And one can't be too careful with brand names on eBay by the way... a friend of mine bought a Strat and we both guess the only Fender part might have been the metal plate that holds the neck... looked not too bad though... but the money came back after a nice letter from a lawyer...

Cheers and keep on rocking (folking, bluesing, funking, whatevering...)

Tom

I have come to the conclusion after lots of investigation that buying a Made in china guitar doesnt matter what it says on the headstock as they all seem to be made by the same company.

the sears nova guitars are the same as Ibanez and Cort but at a third the price.

so unless it is a made in the USA Gibson or Fender.
Or A Canadian made Godin ETC
I waill play anything andf enjoy

christopaul wrote:

Have a look on eBay. Be patient and you'l get a bargain.

yeah, watch and watch, I got a great wee acoustic for a tenner off ebay, just had to put a set of tens on it and bingo,

I bought a Garrison about 5 years ago  ,made in Newfoundland,or Canada  ,,up north,,, took those bridge cables off and put on a set of 9's or 10's and WOW does she sing ,some flat tops just dont like a heavy guage string,mine dont buzz,rattle or have any dead spots on the neck .and the tone is absolutely beautiful..And keep your eye on Pawnshops,garage sales,resale shops and those little freebie news papers like thrifty nickle or what ever ya'll have up there ,and pick up the guitar and play it,never buy sight un-seen.

Bend em tight and let er scream.

Hey Torquil, I haven't had much dealings with the Brave brand either so I can't help you out there.
Have you tried Kijiji.com. It's an across Canada site where you can find pretty much anything the public is selling. It also is a good resource for finding people to jam with. It's a very good site, you should check it out.

Hope it helps big_smile

Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks KAP54
I have found Kijjiji.Much to my wifes despair.LOL
Bought 2 home organs a guitar a ukulele and a trumpet off there .
Now the local kijjiji is my home page

Oiy!!!
I hope you bought your gear before I posted the link... I wouldn't want to get you in any trouble. smile
It is a real good resource for finding just about anything the public wants to sell. Great for finding people to jam with also.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)