Topic: getting acoustic plugged in

What is the best way to get "plugged in" for my Martin DSM.  Miked or pickup?  I already have a Dean Markley Pro Mag Gold quick hole mount, but it just doesn't get the job done.  Hardly picks up the bass at all and have to crank the amp way up.  Thanks, David

Please talk slowly I don't hear good any more.

Re: getting acoustic plugged in

OK, guys and gals.  I know you all aren't stumped.  Gotta be lots of opinions out there on this one.

How about it, bootlegger?

Well you asked.

B-Band UST saddle pickup, AST under sound board pickup and A2 preamp plus a velcro battery box.

All can be installed with minimal work done on the guitar. The only thing that would change is that if you have a press in end pin it would be hogged out to install the preamp from the inside of the guitar.

This would also act as your input jack and strap pin. The UST fits under your saddle and may need shimming but a qualified luither or guitar tech can do that. The AST is basically a ribbon type (with adhesive)piezio pickup that is taped (stuck on) the underside of the bridge on your sound board.

Get it set up to the gauge strings you like to play also and stick to them otherwise lighter gauges will result in string buzz.

I have been looking at a D-TAR MAMA BEAR to play through. Its a preamp to get the original guitar sound from an amplified guitar. Check them out on the Seymore Duncan website they are part of that company.

Good luck.

Bootlegger.

Bootlegger guitars.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.