Re: Should I set up my Guitar myself?

See, people with the dexterity and desire to play guitar can learn to set up a guitar. A handy thing, if you intend to play for years to come.

Joe
Roadie & Reviewer
GoodGearGuy.com

So , Pix, any chance of a "how to set up your guitar" step-by-step guide for the rest of us? Please!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Tony, good to hear you got it all set up!  Is it like a brand new guitar?  Or perhaps, like the old computer that some techie finally got at and tweaked to be the work horse it was always meant to be?  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Good for you, Pix. The lower the thresh hold of pain in the fingers  -  the higher the thresh hold of pleasure and enjoyment.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

MeK it's more like a new guitar.  It feels and sounds completely different.  I have already noticed a difference it how fast I can make chord changes that sound good.

tonyespo / 63 year old NEWBEE

I better learn to play fast, I'm already an old fart.

I don't know what's stopping you tonyespo? Good luck! I know you will do a good job! smile

I made my own adjustments to all my guitars for 25 years and I got 'em to play O.K and in tune.
But when I took my mid - 70's Yamaha acoustic to "Picker's Paradise" and let Jim Ball set it up for me, I couldn't believe how well he got it playing. Jim is the best there is around here and I wish I had hired him sooner to do all my guitars.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?