Topic: Canadian Customers of Musicians Friend

Hey Guys.
I am and old school kind of guy .never shopped online before.
was wondering if you (canadians) would reccoment Musicians frind or not.
Love the web site.
and prices are cool.
all input would be appriciated
Torquil

Re: Canadian Customers of Musicians Friend

I can't speak for Canada, but that is where I bought my last guitar.  Online at Musicians Friend.  I highly recommend them for products and expert shipping, at least within the US.  I can't imagine it being any different for you guys.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I also have had good luck with Musician's Fiend.
The have advisors who will let us pick their brains for free.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Aren't they owned by the evil Guitar Center???? I used them until I found that out then I started using ZZ Sounds and Sweetwater.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Why is GC evil?????

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe evil is a little strong but I have several gripes. Even new instruments are used as they are played and beat up over and over.  Instruments with cracked necks hang on the wall priced as new; when you point it out a month later the same instrument is back on the sales floor sometimes not even repaired and being sold as new

I have personally had several bad experiences with them. I bought a line 6 product from them which had been registered previously by another user. I returned it and told them they should not sell returns as new product; they replaced my item with another in a beat up box that didn't work at all. On my third replacement, Line 6 informed that serial number was also registered to another private user. I have not returned since. New product should be new. I prefer the independent guys. Might pay a littel more but they care whether I return or not.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hi All,

Musician's Friend was originally based right here in the fair State of Oregon in the little southern town of Medford (where the Corporate Headquarters still resides).  In the last few years though they moved the distribution center to Kansas City likely to be more centrally located for shipping.

Bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, and the level of customer service has been really good overall.  My only gripe is that they are so much farther away that it takes a week to get my orders when it used to only take a day.  They still ship very promptly (like next day), but orders get hung up in transit.  Had a guitar stuck on a train in a blizzard in South Dakota for 10 days!  But they provided a free hard case for it to compensate for the inconvenience.... by 2 day air no less!

Liberal return policy, and good people in technical service who know the products well keep me a loyal customer, and I would recommend them to anybody... not just people I don't like.

Take Care:
Doug

PS:  No I do not work for them, nor have I received promotional compensation from Musician's Friend or any of their affiliates.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare