Topic: Atonement Music and a Vid..

Hi all
I really enjoyed the film Atonement and the Dunkirk scene really suck in my mind about five minutes of unbroken filming. The scene captures the beach with it's madness and disorganisation of a broken army.
The original music was first class and this is just my slant music wise on a memorable scene.
I've had mixed reviews..
Mixed with Magix software
see what you think
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … =102973254
The scene does contain some mild violence....
Thanks for reading/listening/watching smile
ark

Re: Atonement Music and a Vid..

Hi Ark,

Nice work on this piece. The beach head at Dunkirk must have seemed pretty surreal at that time and I think your slant musically wise hit the nail on the head.

Great imagination and mix as usual. big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Beautiful Ark as always.

I've just finished  reading a book here. This lady with  her soldier husband visited Normandy while on holidays
some years ago. While there she said " The sky appeared to open revealing thousands of tiny glowing orbs. The sound around her
changed to American and Canadian voices mainly. Francesca would be known for her psychic abilites.  I thought it was a much nicer image to maintain then the one we have become used to.

Be the gentleman that you are and send Old Doll mp3, I'd also like your January snow.

Thanks Ark.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi ark, maybe you could re-title it; "what to do on a beach in northern france while waiting for the boat home"?

i haven't seen the film, but now i've heard your music, i'm certainly going to look-out for it, though i dont expect the movie score to be as good as yours.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

KAP54 wrote:

Hi Ark,

Nice work on this piece. The beach head at Dunkirk must have seemed pretty surreal at that time and I think your slant musically wise hit the nail on the head.

Great imagination and mix as usual. big_smile

Kenny

Thanks Kenny I think the surreal quality of the scene is what really stood out for me.
ark

Old Doll wrote:

Beautiful Ark as always.

I've just finished  reading a book here. This lady with  her soldier husband visited Normandy while on holidays
some years ago. While there she said " The sky appeared to open revealing thousands of tiny glowing orbs. The sound around her
changed to American and Canadian voices mainly. Francesca would be known for her psychic abilites.  I thought it was a much nicer image to maintain then the one we have become used to.

Be the gentleman that you are and send Old Doll mp3, I'd also like your January snow.

Thanks Ark.

Old Doll.

Normandy, Dunkirk and all battlefield where there has been a great loss of life must have an aura of some kind.
I do believe some people can perceive this and interpret it their in different ways.
Will send both MP3 no problem..
Thanks for the comment old doll
ark

Phill Williams wrote:

hi ark, maybe you could re-title it; "what to do on a beach in northern france while waiting for the boat home"?

i haven't seen the film, but now i've heard your music, i'm certainly going to look-out for it, though i dont expect the movie score to be as good as yours.

phill

Hi Phill
The title Atonement is a bit misleading. smile

"what to do on a beach in northern france while waiting for the boat home"?  I like it quite catchy smile
Strangely the film is not about war as such just the consequences of a child's lie well worth a watch.
Thanks for comment.
ark