Topic: are you awake?

hi folks, sorry i've been very bizzy of late, anyhoo, russ  and i have done a new version of are you awake? or as russ calls it "as we sleep"...is he trying to say something?, any road up, it's on my space...click left, we would like to have your comments.

thanks in anticipation..

phill and russ

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: are you awake?

Well done gentleman. That has a very "funky" feel to it. Russell's guitar work is...as always...excelent as well. Well written, well performed and well mixed.

The bar has been raised!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Nice work Phill and Russ. I got sort of a Little Feat meets the Moody Blues kinda vibe from this tune. I'd like to hear a stripped down version without the drum machine. You guys are excellent musicians !!!

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

well speaking for myself its really nice to hear some positive feedback on this collaboration not sure but I think Phill played the drums manually but I agree it would have been nice to have a real live person laying the rhythm track on a kit perhaps in the future this will be possible but I appreciate your comments thanks guys smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Very nice collaboration Gentlemen!  I think it was put together well.  Russell's guitar along with Phill's lyrics and voice were a lovely combo!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Phill and Russ
Well done on another first rate collaboration.
Liked all the tracks in the mix and the finished piece. Importing and mixing tracks from different sources is not always easy to do but you guys seem to be getting it down well.
ark

I don't know how ya do it?  But, it's good!!  I've never heard one of my songs with anything but a solo acoustic guitar.  I can't imagine how proud you must feel hearing your work with full band instruments.  Bravo!  Good song, Good beat.

Mkidsmom Phill is a joy to know and work with we like each others music and he comes up with some good ideas thanks smile

Ark when Phill sent me the track to listen to the header on the email was "your not going to like this" well I thought it was a nice change of pace from the first arrangment and a lot of fun comming up with something that would lend itself to his idea yea there was quite a lot of mixing but it was worth it thanks Ark for your comments smile

arkady wrote:

Phill and Russ
Well done on another first rate collaboration.
Liked all the tracks in the mix and the finished piece. Importing and mixing tracks from different sources is not always easy to do but you guys seem to be getting it down well.
ark

Hi Jody I see a few of your songs in the forum but with my chess tournaments and my own music I dont get to hear as much I will find some time and I appreciate your nice words all the tracks are layerd one at a time both Phill and I play several instruments and have good recording equipment so it really makes it easier smile

Jody Wayne wrote:

I don't know how ya do it?  But, it's good!!  I've never heard one of my songs with anything but a solo acoustic guitar.  I can't imagine how proud you must feel hearing your work with full band instruments.  Bravo!  Good song, Good beat.

11 (edited by Phill Williams 2010-03-12 19:30:31)

thanks for all your very positive comments. sorry i've been so busy the last 2 weeks that i haven't had much chance to get on line and do all the things i want to.

just to say though, it's my pleasure to work with mr harding, i can just throw him a couple of jumbled up chords and back he comes with an instrumental break that'll make hank marvin tremble in his hush puppies.

before i go i'd just like to say that it's such a privilege working with such fine writers and musicians, something i'd never have been able to do without chordie or the internet.

pob hwyl

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Great work Lads,

It has a much more funky feel then i imagined, but a good feel to it.
Its a wonder to know technology can allow the interaction of musicians across the globe. You guys make it look easy though!

Very well done. Congrats to both.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

on behalf of Phill and myself thank you Helena we do have a good time with these collaboration projects I remember last year the fine effort you were involved in along with Arkady ,Phill Ken (kap) and myself that was some fine writing from you smile

Old Doll wrote:

Great work Lads,

It has a much more funky feel then i imagined, but a good feel to it.
Its a wonder to know technology can allow the interaction of musicians across the globe. You guys make it look easy though!

Very well done. Congrats to both.

Old Doll.

Well I'm awake now big_smile
Great team work guys. Nice funky beat with some cool licks from Russ.
Good mix and again outstanding vocals Phill.

Two Thumbs Up big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)