1 (edited by Old Doll 2010-03-17 12:16:51)

Topic: Sláinte !

Happy Saint Patricks day, to all my global friends.

C'mon now lets dance to this lovely Bill Staines song, "The  Roseville Fair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZYOvUuEqLw

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: Sláinte !

And to you Old Doll, the same.

Thanks and God Bless.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

top o the mornin to ya, have a whiskey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoiF7Qke … playnext=1

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Indeed... Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all... however you choose to celebrate it!  smile  I know the kids are excited to just have a good reason to raid my salon for the GREEN hair glue today!  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Happy saint Patrick's to you my lady and may the wee folk lead you to there pot of gold smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

6 (edited by icecubetray3pak 2010-03-17 15:57:08)

A toast

Here's to a long life and a merry one.
Here's to a quick death and an easy one.
Here's to a pretty girl and an honest one.
Here's to a cold pint and another one.

Cheers to all,

Cornbeef, potatoes, cabbage.........green beer, irish whiskey and wednesday night

jam session............does it get any better? Thankyou Old Doll, and the same for you,    Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Today, everyone's Irish. I raise my glass in toast to all of ye.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

How's about ye?? Hope you all have hangovers today. lol

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Fáilte Alvee.

Im to sensible these days i think  lol

Instead of crashing out and coming round, i go to sleep and wake up ! I did have a few wee Hennessys to wet the shamrock!
Delish as was the music and company.

http://www.brazenhead.com/  My neighbour owns the Merchant pub across the road from the Brazen head. Spoiled for choice i am.

A very enjoyable day was had by all.

Old Doll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sIrLSHwPFQ

Hi lena,

Missed this when it went up. I've been in the Brazen head - years ago - for some reason I don't remember much about it !

We had a quiet St Pats, just dinner ( Champ (mashed spuds, scallions, butter and milk ), bacon ribs ( cured pork ribs boiled for three hours ) and cabbage ( boiled in the rib liguor) ), and beer and whiskey.

Belfast can get a bit crazy on St Pats - too many drunken under age kids.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Glad you had a good one, Old Doll. I did raise a glass but nothing too serious. Sensible you may be but I'm just getting old.

And belfast is not the only place with this problem, StranSongs. Or maybe I just notice it more in my old age.

Sláinte!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

It seems I missed this day and this thread somehow.  Hope everyone had a good day of it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Cheers to You Lena big_smile

Better late then never.......Happy Post Paddys Day all. The locals here where pretty tame this year but it was still HeadLine News cause it's a great day. big_smile

It certainly helped that it was 10C warmer then normal. A good reason to drink green beer me thinks.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Glad to read you had a good St Patty's Day, Ms Lena. Hennesy is one of my wife's favorites.
I had a quiet evening home with family and a friend who is setting up a recording studio in my shop for himself and us to use.
I was still tired from the musician's festival the previous weekend. I ran the inside sound stage and sang between acts. Got meself a bit hoarse.
the Brazenhead sounds like a fun watering hole and jam. Do they allow any beside Irish music?
My tune list has, unfortunately, only a few songs the Irish would recognise.
toots
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

StranSongs wrote:

Hi lena,

Missed this when it went up. I've been in the Brazen head - years ago - for some reason I don't remember much about it !

We had a quiet St Pats, just dinner ( Champ (mashed spuds, scallions, butter and milk ), bacon ribs ( cured pork ribs boiled for three hours ) and cabbage ( boiled in the rib liguor) ), and beer and whiskey.

Belfast can get a bit crazy on St Pats - too many drunken under age kids.

CHAMP ! lOVE THE STUFF STRANSONGS.  it has to have the good ole real butter floating in the middle.

And yes ! Dublin has all that uncouth behaviour also. I cannot ever remember behaving like this anytime in my life.
No drink, no drugs, i just lived life and had a ball.
Between head shops now and booze ? heaven preserve us all.

Im glad you and  all had a good time.

Old Doll.