Topic: Greetings Ya'll

I'm David,or Dave ,or you ole phart,I found this site yesterday quite by accident,was looking for some chords to a few songs and landed in the midle of a gold mine. I try to play guitar,usualy in Church on Sundays or when I have time , been learning since I was 12 and will be 57 tomorrow,so still workin at it.
I am in central Texas just a tad South and maybe a touch East of Waco and South of Corsicana, 25 miles from just about anywhere.Little town of Dawson,well actualt between Dawson and Hubbard.Some where between Willie Nelson and Billie Joe Shaver.
Anyhoo just wanted to stop in and say HOWDY to all of ya on here.

Bend em tight and let er scream.

Re: Greetings Ya'll

Hi David and a big wecome to the Chordie coral I have been in your parts several times in the past,lot of sky and country down there I took my basic traning at Lackland AF base in San Antonio beautiful part of the country smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Well, back atcha, David..  From one old fart to another.  Glad you found us.  Stick around and come back often.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

welcome, from Canada, great site here for sure.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Hi Dave. Welcome to Chordie and a Happy Birthday to ya!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hi dave, a big hello from Glasgow, Scotland. Just a recent member myself. Totally agree with the goldmine qoute.

cheers
sinkybhoy

Welcome and happy birthday.  We look forward to your input. 

Also welcome to sinkybhoy, whose name I haven't seen before this either. 

While the resources you find on Chordie are undoubtedly worthy of the description of "goldmine", it's really the people who make this place so terrific.  If you have a question, ask it.  If you have advice, give it. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Welcome to Dave and Sinkybhoy,

Happy Birthday Dave, Glad to have you both on board. It's funny you called it a gold mine, that was my excat words to my wife back when I found it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have, it certainly has helped me improve with the songs but mostly because of all the knowledgeable people here that are more than happy to help, again glad to have you both onboard.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Well I am about to show my absolute ignernce I was finding a song that I used to play with my dad MANY years ago,and got the life of me cant rember the chords ,on the tab(?) where it is written it has numbers NOT chords,I CANT rember what chord corrisponds with which number,example ,1 3,4,6# ????? I know whaat C7 or Q9 is but I am havin an oldtymers minnit here and feel STOOPID ,hepme hepme.
David

10 (edited by bensonp 2010-03-26 23:34:07)

It's the Nashville numbering sytem Dave.  Search on it and it will tell you the chords
Check this out.
http://www.ducksdeluxe.com/nashvillenumbersystem.html

Actually this one is better.
http://www.gospelmusic.org.uk/resources … bering.htm

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks  that helped me a lot ,mostly sit and play by ear or nose if I forget my glasses, gotta sniff them odd ones out,didnt realize I'd been out of it that long.last "band" I actualy played in was dang near 25 years ago and we all knew what the other was going to do just by glancing over at the drummer.If he had out his brushes it was a waltze tympanys  soft rock or sticks  get it .We had played together for about 6-8 years so it was easy .once again  thanks.

Just wanted to extend another BIG welcome to Chordie and the forum!  Glad to have ya here with us!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Just to make sinkybhoy feel at home.....

Howzit gaun mate? Hope yer feelin a bit better efter yer team got gubbed a sair yin the er night. Ye'll find no animosity of the fitba variety on this forum, so welcome, come away ben. Noo geeza song!!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hey Dave
I'm now an official Texas transplant in Amarillo so I dont think your to far. Welcome to Chordie.!!!!

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Welcome to Chordie Dave and sinkybhoy, as you can tell we're a real friendly bunch of plain ole folk that have a love for music and helping out where we can. big_smile

Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Just wanted to say welcome to David and Sinkybhoy. New here myself and find everyone helpful and good

people. I'm not familiar with Sinkys or Alvees neck of the woods but would like to visit sometime, however

Davids and now Selsos' home is familiar. I work in Texas alot around San Angelo, Abiliene, up to Lubbock

and Amarillo. Also I have property in Vega, Tx., just west of Amarillo. What brought Selso to Tx.?

Anyway you never know....... might be jammin together sometime, with a frosty one er two.     Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Thanks for the welcome notes from you all, and it was a sair yin alvee33.

cheers
sinkybhoy