Topic: Warpath.. with vocals from Phill

Hi all
I did Warpath a few years back Phill heard it and thought the instrumental had potential for some vocals.
Well he came up with some great lyrics and recorded them with the original MP3 then mixed them together which in itself was no mean feat.
I'd lost the original mix so there was no way to alter the structure of the instrumental to suit Phill's vocals but all in all I think the vocals work well and this is down to Phill.
The recording can be heard
http://www.myspace.com/onlyarkady
Thanks for reading/listening
ark

Lyrics..

Warpath.
High on the distant plains, brave rider comes.
Head held high his pride is great.
His name is spoken in, lodge of the mighty ones. His fame in battle won.
Lonely bird; eagle flying; patrols from up on high. When the time is right, suddenly strike.
Is today a good day to die?
(GUITAR PART) (4 bars)

Lowlands – hunters, trespass on his lands.
They must pay the price. No quarter given, none expected.
The victor will keep his life.
Arrows fly, the warrior dies in battle.
One brave hunter falls to the ground.
Wait for the answer, caught them unawares. More death as arrows fly.
(GUITAR PART) (4 bars)

Calls out, calls out.
His name drives fear to their hearts.
Some turn, some run. Those that stay will die.
Knives are drawn, battle joined. They fall one by one.
All alone now last man standing.
He returns to watch his lands. Eagle flying, last man standing.
He returns to watch his lands. Eagle flying, last man standing. He returns to watch his lands. Eagle flying, last man standing. He returns to watch his lands.
Calls out, calls out. His name drives fear to your heart.

Re: Warpath.. with vocals from Phill

Wow big_smile
Just had a listen and I gotta say Kudos on a great collab. I remember the original recording... I liked it then but I really like it now. Two Thumbs up on the mix and inventiveness. big_smile
Thanks for bringing it back up and reworking it.
Phill was right on the mark with his epic lyrics for this piece. This reminds me of your earlier writings... "Pale Horseman" comes to mind along with many others. Great write and as per usual...Awesome Vocals.

Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Words and music come together very sweetly here. Well done.

Half way through I suddenly remembered Rick Wakeman and the rock operas he used to record. I used to have the LP's, but I've just checked and they're gone. I must have lent them to someone sometime - probably back in the seventies.

Well done again !!

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

hi ark/phill i've never heard anything like it,brilliant,just as if it came off a film you aught to promote this get some $$$$$$$$,keep doing what your doin,awesome......stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Brilliant job guys....well done. It really has very professional feel to the mix.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Ah, thats great stuff lads.

Lord the Phill fella is so good with the lyrics. You compliment one anothers creative ability.

Ark, Sinister Solstice had me away with the fairies there. BEAUTIFUL..

Old Doll..

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

thanks everyone, if it wasn't for ark's original music and ideas i wouldn't have come up with the words. i listened my-self and noticed that there are some dubious harmonies and flat notes vocally!
the vocals are quite low in the mix, but i think it suits the song like that. the meter is out on some lines too, isn't it great when you can criticize your own work?

thanks all phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

WOW!  Very awesome guys!  I can totally see this as part a movie soundtrack!  FANTASTIC!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hi and thanks to all for your comments,
and a big thanks to Phill for giving a new dimension to Warpath with lyrics and vocals...
ark