1 (edited by SouthPaw41L 2010-04-08 22:19:54)

Topic: Baby Chaz Hall in the hizzy!!!

Hello Chordians,

Today, April 8, 2010, at 1:33pm, my lovely wife delivered a beautiful 8lb 10oz baby boy!        ( CHAZ) We haven't decided on a middle name as of yet but we've narrowed it down these 4;  Taylor, Dragon, Hendrix, or Gibson. If anyone would like to offer an opinion/vote on the 4 aforementioned names I'd appreciate your input. I am so proud of my wife ! She is my hero.

What's extra cool about our son beeing born on this particular day is that my Baby Sister (40) and my Grandmother (90) also share this birthdate. Our 4 year old son insists on calling his brand new baby brother "Van Mudpuddle". A few weeks ago we went to " Build-a-Bear", purchased a stuffed, cool, little panda bear and named Chazs' little buddy "Van Mudpuddle". Hopefully this'll hold the little guy over for a bit until he gets used to calling little brudda' " Chaz".

Another cool little benefit from the day was I had a pleasant little tooth extraction scheduled this morning at 9:30am that I had to postpone! DANG !

My time now is gonna be seriously limited on the computer but I'll drop in from time to time and get my Chordie fix from the coolest, bestest, most awesomest site on the 'net. I cherish the interaction and friendship from you fines folks here at Chordie. Keep on making music, music is the best !

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Re: Baby Chaz Hall in the hizzy!!!

Congrats Toney and Mrs. SouthPaw! I remember the births of my kids vividly as they are the most memorable days of my life. I know you are floating on cloud 9 right now and I wish you very few sleepless nights to come.

I'll chime in on the name game and vote for Taylor first (it's my last name as you know and has served me well smile)  Gibson is very cool and would be my second choice. Love Chaz as the first name.

When are you buying him his first guitar? I figure you gotta wait until they are potty trained - that's when you know if a boy is right or left handed big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Congratulations to all of you, Southpaw.  Tis a good day all around.  The best of luck to you guys.  Taylor struck me first, as well.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Congratulations Southpaw,

I'm sure your very proud of your new son, and wife, It's great they are both doing well and things are fine. A;ways a great feeling to know your a new Dad again, nothing in the world like a Father and Son bond. You get to teach him music, fishing, throwing the ball around, talks,life's lessons,There for them when life throws them a hardball, and there for them when they accomplish something they have worked for, no sir, nothing like a Father and son.

By the way, I vote for Taylor too!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Haha, noted Jeff on the Taylor. Evan, our 4 year old is a righty and literally played guitar before he could walk. He would crawl over to my practice guitar, pull himself up, and strum away !!! I tried and tried to get him to play lefty but I honestly think the way one plays is inate. I began as a righty, still play right handed in my dreams, but some thing are beyond our control. I really wanted Evan to play left handed mainly to save ourselves a little money on guitars! hahaha.  Evan has uke, 4 "toy"( 1/2 and 3/4 size) acoustic guitars, and a mini-strat (they're all rightys). I hope he's willing to share when Chaz is strong enough to hold a guitar( if he chooses to play guitar).

Thanks Jeff, talk to you soon. Do you facebook? If so can we be friends?

Give everything but up.

Hey Congrats Toney,

I think maybe    Chaz J45  Would Be Cool !   

Toney 22 yrs ago    4-8-88

Wayne & Liz Baye had a baby girl   Maria Rae Baye   7# 1oz

Give Mrs Southpaw a Huge Hug from Me smile

Later, Wayne P

Thanks Pete and Cam, your votes are noted !!!

Give everything but up.

I love it Wayne !( J-45 ) already suggested that one to the Mrs. ( Rosetta ). She said NO !!!

Give everything but up.

Congrats Toney big_smile

Chaz Taylor has a pretty cool ring to it. What ever hand he grows up using I'm sure he'll be a great guitarist with you and his Big Brother showing him the way.

Happy Birthing Day to Rosetta. big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Congrats, Toney. The middle name will come to you and Ms. Toney and it will be obviously the right one.
I called my son hundreds of names as he grew up- the more outlandish the better - Throckmorton, Fenwick, Sigismund etc...
An old bandmate called me and asked how Fenwick was doing. I was confused at first until I remembered calling my son that in the mid 70's.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Congrats Toney...Best feeling ever!!!!! Worth it for sure. I vote Chaz Dragon....cuz it's just plain cool. Enjoy 'em while you can. My youngest is 4 and it feels like just yesterday I was warming up bottles at 3 in the morning!!! smile

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Congratulations You Both on the newest addition to your "herd"!

Best Wishes from the Smiths, and assure you from having raised 3 boys ourselves, the bond between brothers is unbreakable.... so when they fight (and they will), stand back and they'll work it out just fine.  They'll always have each other's backs and your's too.

Take Care;
Doug & Janet

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Congratulations to you both, but especially to Mrs SouthPaw who did all the hard work. May Chaz have a long, happy and healthy life.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

CONGRATULATIONS!  I feel pretty loved that you popped on Chordie to share with us the great news!  This is such a reminder of what a great site and special people there are here.  Delivering babies is hard work for sure... remember to tell your wife how proud of her you are, how amazing she is, and how much you love her... as I'm sure you already have... but heck... do it again!  Be sure to ask her if there's anything she'd like special to eat and grab some take out for her.  Hospital food is so blah, and after babies there's no need to have to stay on a strict "blah" diet like other's in the hospital. 

8 lbs 10 oz.... he's a big boy!  His big brother will love having him around and within a year or so he'll be harassing AND taking care of him!  My little ones are 2 1/2 years apart and it's amazing how one minute the older one is picking on her little sister (and the little one fights back!) and the next she's "mothering" her! 

Happy Birthday to your Daughter Wayne... my son's birthday was the 4th ... April is a great time for babies!

Hope your tooth isn't in a ton of pain there SouthPaw... make sure you get that taken care of ASAP friend... mouth pain can be so agonizing!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Brilliant Toney!!

In Scotland we have a fine old tradition known as "wetting the baby's head" which basically involves raising a glass or two along with family and friends in honour of the new arrival.

There will be a glass raised for little Chaz in my house tonight.

Slainte

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Thanks for all your kind words and valuable advice from you parenting veterans out there. We all had a great nights sleep. Evan and I came home last night while Rosetta and Chaz stayed in the hospital. They wanna keep them for 48 hours just to be on the safe side. But WOW ! what a day ! You folks on Chordie are darn good people.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

ps- I think we're gonna go with "Taylor"

Give everything but up.

"Chaz Dragon VonMudpuddle" awesome. Congrats on your new bundle of joy!!!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

Congrats!! This new birth reminds me of my two girls. 26 and 22 now and miss the sound of those
                 little feet across the floor. Cherish their young moments as they go bye quickly. I chose
                 Gibson but Fender's not so bad.lol     Mike

Chaz Dragon Fender

Our intuitions serve us well

Many congrats, Toney, to you and your wife!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Yes, as papaguitar said, cherish and enjoy them while they are young for sure.   I catch myself saying, "I sure miss my little girls"  They are now 30 and 33.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Southpaw!

Im so pleased for you and yours.. I envy you also. I know those days are over for me . { Unless its an immaculate conception ] :loL: I wish you  both many  happy nappy washing days. Its such a wonderful time of life.. Relish and enjoy every second.

The power of DNA for baby Chaz.    Helena Donovan

Your soul took on the journey
You birthed safe into this world
Left behind your mystic heaven
Earthly souls now to unfurl.

May you grow and learn with pride
New guides, your loving cloak
Ingest knowledge like the salmon
Secure the strength of timeless Oak

Learn to live life effortless
Watch the rain on window panes
Sit to watch the sunrise
  Splash in puddles on wet days

May your journey be amazing?
From life senses never stray
Hear the voice of ancient ancestors
Guiding you!  The power of DNA.

Much love  and hugs to all concerned.
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Congrats Toney!!!! smile   Wishing you and yours all the best!! -Chris

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Thanks again to ALL of you for your kind words. Great bunch of people here on Chordie!

Old Doll, my wife and I LOVE the poem! Thank you so much. "The Power of DNA for Baby Chaz" will be adoringly placed in his baby book.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.