Verse3:

Well it

Doesn't matter what your parents say

Because

Tonight we're gonna have our way

You know

This time we're not here to play

- chorous -

Throw in an instrumental break where ever. It's kind of a throw away but the best I could come up with today. Let me know what ya think.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

Re: Mesh of Flesh

Ummm - something tells me this is NOT a song for Mother's Day . . . or then again, maybe it is sort of a pre-mother's day (by about 9 months) sort of song?  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Couldn't really feel Mother's Day so I went here instead. Oh I forgot to tell everyone I got married Sunday.

Congratulations to you and your bride!
My wife had a practice marraige, so she is better at it than I am.
I've been married for the first time for 20 years - I like it very much.
James

Crongrats Mike as well - I'm having a little trouble with this one but I'll keep at it and post later. Have you recorded it yet?

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Congratulations Mike to you and your bride,

Maybe not the song to sing at the reception but after, when you two are alone, it will probably go down very well.

I struggled a bit with this one, hardly surprising considering the difference in our ages and musical tastes, but after the fourth run through I began to get into it.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Slainte,    american chaos theory .

May the Road Always rise with you two.

May the Wind Be always at your Backs

May you always be the light that each other comes home too....

Blessings.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thanx for the congrats from Leah and myself. Also thanx for the support and encourgement the last few days. It really helpped me to get off of my bum and start working on my music again. This one has a sort of soft 50's feel for the A C# F# E bit and a stronger kind of march for the verses. I might record it this weekend. Not really my best work but it got me working again. Thanx again guys!!!!

Speaking of 'best work', it is hard for a creator to be objective about their creations.  What an artist feels is 'my best' may be very different than what others perceive.

Chances are most songwriters 'favorite' creations are not the ones that other people would say are their best.  You just never know how other people will 'take' to a song.  As people who want to create new songs, all we can do is keep trying to invent songs that please our creative urges.

Not every song has to 'be the best', it just has to 'be'.
There are always more ideas to work with for the next song, and the next, and the next . . . .

The hard part for me is making sure that I don't end up in a formula. I try to have a fresh idea and approach musicly and lyricly each time. Looking back at my songs over the years I think this is the first to start on a chorous rather than a verse.

Hi Mike,
I like the lyrics there in that song,
but really i am replying to say congrats to you and yer missus.
I have always said marriage is legalised prostitution, thats why i got married and still costing me a forune after 12 yeas but I am still loving and hope you enjoy married life too.

all the best

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Congrats A M C .Hope you and your bride have a long time together. My 24th wedding ann.,is in June and I wouldn't change a second. We are gonna throw a big kitchen party and your all invited,Bring your guitars LOL.

Take care...Badeye.

one caper after another

Well dear american chaos, I really love your work, BUT, I can't read notes, I CAN read chords (A B C.., also A7 B7, Am, Bm, I think I can play around 50 chords. I don't think it is bad being able to play at least 50 different chords, and still I am amazed like a kid to hear the difference in sound using for example Em in stead of E, or E7 in stead of E.
Do have the abibility to put this song on myspace or youtube?
What I really should like is a "chordiesystem", by putting songs on this, or another site, made by "chordians" and only for subscribed members. I think, if this should be possible, we can really discuss about a self written song, because most of us are die hard music lovers, AND MORE IMPORTANT, MOST OF US ARE AT LEAST TRYING TO BE A MASTER IN CONTROL YOUR GUITAR. I hope that there is a person out there, who can give you, me, and all the others, a kind of advise concerning this: in stead of putting the song on youtube, myspace, see the song here, and having the privilige of HEARING the song you wrote. It has been always difficult for me, and I speak about a period where you only could go to a store to buy songbooks. I spend a fortune on buying "decent" songbooks, like the complete BEATLES songs, and just to notice that 80% of the songs were written in chords like B#, or C#maj7. This makes this site so interesting and so GOOD, you can go up with 1 semitone, or more, and go down the same way.
If one of us, we have to be not selective because everyone must have the possibility to write, or perform, has a beautiful song, it is a pity that we can only judge the lyrics, we can give comment, I MEAN CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENT, it is already difficult enough to play something we don't know, or we can make suggestions. Probably, friends-moderators it will be difficult to make a site like that, OR you can put the song, if you are shy, just play it in that position we can only see a piece of your hands and/or instrument, and give us the link.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

14 (edited by Roger Guppy 2007-05-14 15:01:57)

Hi Phil,

Most of the regular contibutors the the songwriting section know that it is my mission to persuade, cajole or bully songwriters into performing their own works, whether it be openly in the forum or behind the scenes in private e-mails. Everyone who posts a song here will tell you that they are always in danger of me trying to get them to record it. Hey I have even hijacked some of the songs and recorded them myself.

Several Chordians now have their songs on the Internet. Some have put their initial works on Friends of Chordie, a MySpace site that I keep especially and exclusively for Chordie members to use, and several now have there own MySpace. It is planned that eventually there will be a companion site to Chordie called Chordshare where songs can be posted at which time FoC will become redundant.

Take care,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"