1 (edited by Bass Viking 2010-04-26 13:31:49)

Topic: Song: "I'm not afraid to Cry"

Always took a stab at poetry in the past, but this was one of my first attempts at songwriting.  Came up with this tune and then tried to play and sing it at an open mic.  Song is about how life has changed me and made me much more sentimental since getting older and the fact that I am more comfortable being who I am at this age.  Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Englishmanj … ZEX-UtyZks

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Re: Song: "I'm not afraid to Cry"

hi jim welcome to songwriting,i just had a listen and you sound like burle ives,brilliant song great sound.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi Bass Viking
Thanks for posting.
The song certainly has a ring of truth about it as we get older I think we mostly tend to view events etc in a much more laid back fashion and are prone to bouts of senimentality. Well maybe that's just me. smile
Nice song
Well done
ark

I love the lyrics Jim!  You should try adding some walk ups and downs in there!  It would make that country feeling really ring through in this one.  Excellent job on your Open Mic!  Thanks for sharing this with us smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hi Jim big_smile

Congrats on your open mic, that is something I have wanted to do for a long time.

Kudos to you big_smile

I know how you feel about the emotional conflict of loosing a parent at a young age. I find now
a day even the right commercial on TV will get the old eyeballs welling up.
These lyrics hit the nail on the head for me.

Thank You for this.
Cheers and welcome to the songwriting section big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I dont have speakers for my computer but I really like the lyrics

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Thanks to everyone for your supportive comments.  Being new to trying to play the guitar, trying to write a song and then getting up in front of others and trying to play and sing it has been quite an experience for me.  An experience made better by the feeling that I wasn't doing this alone as folks like you on these forums provide an ample amount of support and motivation.  I still feel a little stupid when I don't know what someone is talking about in the forums, but I usually hang around enough to figure it out.  I appreciate all the good feedback.  It was just nice to finally see and hear myself to better understand what I need to continue to work on to keep on having fun with the music.  Keep up the good vibes everybody; it sure helps.  Thanks

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Hi Bass Viking,

I just listened to your song.. Its lovely sir.. You have a grand soft voice god bless you. Easy and peaceful to listen to.

I was never afraid to express my feeling. so much so i was called "touchy feely" for years lol I still cry easily and hug just as fast.. To the embarrassment of some.. Its how i am.. Im hardly gonna change now..

Well done again with your song, Keep up the good work.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !