1 (edited by flester 2010-04-28 17:57:08)

Topic: PA input

May be playing guitar in public in a few weeks ... gulp!

I expect to be amplified and am guessing that the other instruments will be miked into some sort of PA system. As I'm not likely to know the setup in advance, I need advice. Can I expect a typical PA system to take a standard 1/4" guitar cable directly, or is some other kind of interface usually required? I'll be playing an Ovation guitar with undersaddle active pickup. I've never played through a PA before so its all new.

Re: PA input

Howdy Flester,

If they have a PA system they should have a mixer of some sort. Most mixers usually have from 4 inputs on up and you can just plug your acoustic in and you can set the volume level on the mixer and on your guitar. Yes most have 1/4 '' inputs . I always have the bad habit of setting my guitar volume too loud , if you have time have someone listen and give you some help with your volume and mix,

Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Re: PA input

Acoustic guitars work best when played thru a acoustic amp, keyboard amp or a PA system. If everything is set correctly you will have a good sound. As wlbaye said, have someone you know stand center of the room, about 15 to 20 feet from you and signal you when the volume is right.

nela