Topic: Fender Japan or American?

Hey guys!

I'm looking for a new guitar, and want to know someones opinion.

I want to have a fender strat

what do you guys think about strats from japan?

Re: Fender Japan or American?

Japan made some of the finest Strats ever made by Fender...   Most were easily equal to the American standards and often surpassed them... Are you looking for a used guitar? I'm not aware of Fender currently building any guitars in Japan...some are built in Korea, Indonesia, and Mexico.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I'm a lefty, and it's difficult to find a guitar.

but there is one here in my town, 62' reissue strat, that why I'm asking.

I have though about buying a Highway 1. but I'm still looking.

I agree with jaygordon75, the Japanese Strats are of the best quality. However, they come usually at a premium. I'd say if you have the money then go for it. If you're a newer player you may want to consider the Made in Mexico alternative. I've always heard the Highway Ones were lower quality but have never actually played one. You can get a new MIM Standard Stratocaster for less than a used Japanese Stratocaster.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I own a Japanese Strat.  I  wouldn't trade it for anything.  It's an '86 or '87 with a Kahler flying tremelo which is still on it.  I've been through several iterations of pickups since then.  I'm now using lace alumitone pickups which have changed it dramatically and it still sounds like a strat.  The neck is amazing and the build quality is of course what you would expect.  Value to dollars?  Buy one if you can find it.

Now available in 5G !

I have a MIC & MIJ strat and the customs I build all three are great. (of course they are all set up and hot rodded also).

Regards,

Bootlegger,
Bootlegger guitars.

seven words

G & L guitars. check them out

arkalumedk wrote:

Hey guys!

I'm looking for a new guitar, and want to know someones opinion.

I want to have a fender strat

what do you guys think about strats from japan?

It's all a matter of perspective;

If you're playing music for a living and/or buying/selling guitars raking in 2grand a week, go for the American Strat, a MIM Strat and a Japan Strat. My personal rule of thumb is to never exceed a weeks pay from music, on a musical instrument...... An American Strat, kept in pristine condition, will hold its' value and pay for itself several times over in the years to come, barring earthly descrution and/or equivalent........... I digress.......

If you're wanting a Strat just because you like the way it looks and dig the sound, get a Japan Strat. In ones' bedroom the difference in sound and feel is minimal. They play great, sound awesome, and only guitar snobs who gawk at headstocks will give a hoot.......... Might I also add that guitar snobs are very annoying, but that's just my opinion..........

Finally, any guitar, in the posters' humble opinion, that bears the " Stratocaster" logo is a quality instrument, period.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Hi Southpaw,
What a good answer, I to try to earn the money before spending it, but it the moment I would be pushed to buy a mouth organ, but I do have a strat, and would not ever change it.
TonyBlue

man is the dream of the doliphin

Holy cow...you actually found a lefty Fender-Japan strat!?!!?

If I were you, I'd get that guitar immediately.
If you're aiming for a quality strat, you can't beat the ones that were made in japan.
I wish I could find a righty japan tele.

Lucky you.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I just recently acquired a used "'60 reissue" MIM strat circa 2001?. Honestly,.. the neck on this guitar is faster than my beloved 22 year old MIJ strat. The set up is excellent. The pickups are great. The guitar sounds great unplugged. The electronics are solid with no static in the pots or switches and the "'60" look is all there.  This is a great guitar.  It's the only MIM strat I've ever played but I'm very impressed. Like many, I was initially not interested in looking at MIM Fender instruments.  I've changed my mind.  In every way it is a Fender Stratocaster. It's a keeper.  P.S. I still wouldn't trade my MIJ Strat for anything.

Now available in 5G !

Come on man, update us!!

Did you buy it!?
If so, can we get some lovely pictures?!?!?

*drool*

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle