Topic: Ciao Chordians!!! Peace and Guitars.....

Howdy Chordians,

This is my official see-ya-later to all of you fine folks here on Chordie. I want you all to know that your friendship and/or correspondence has been amazing and unforgettable! I'll be back soon, hopefully, but right now I've got too much on my plate to give Chordie the fair amount of time needed to maintain the excellence needed and expected here at the finest, most awesomest site on the garsh-dang internet!!! I'm on facebook for any of you who'd like to join me there( i.e. gig schedule!!!,photos,videos,etc...)

I must leave with this tiny bit of advice to any of those who might give a terd as to what I have to say. The computer and all of its' resources can make the average, everyday, sittin' at home playin' for only themselves, bull-crapper seem somewhat knowledgeable in many areas of music instruction. There are tons of musical terms that can look very impressive when typed out in a paragraph, and some folks are very efficient in cutting and pasting this and that and that and this to glorify their self imposed greatness. Long story short, bottom line fact is this; There is no better way to learn music than sitting in front of, face to face, with a reputable musician that has payed his/her dues. Take a jolt down to your local music store and invest in a paid, professional instructor.***( I mean no disrespect to those who are financially secure and offer their services for free, huge props to you all !!!!)*** There is a reason these folks have the jobs doin' what they do; they're good, they're established, respected and proven. Sorry to rain on the parade of other instructors who offer their services for free but there is no substitue for one on one, eye to eye interaction between instructor and student!! For real!!!

Support your local live music and support your local musicians, PLEASE !!!!!

PEACE and GUITARS,

SouthPaw41L
Toney Hall

Give everything but up.

Re: Ciao Chordians!!! Peace and Guitars.....

Adios Amigo,

Take Care and keep in touch, your contributions will be missed around these parts but we wish you well in your current endeavors.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Good things to you keep a song in your heart!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Good luck with whatever you've got going on.  I hope to see you back here soon.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Toney you will be missed around here!  I think I can speak for everyone here on Chordie when I say that we all hope you do stop in from time to time... between gigs and diapers!  smile  May Health, Love, and Happiness follow you and yours... wherever you may roam!  smile

Amy

PS... I will take your advise and example and work hard to get together with my Dad far more often than an occasional open mic for some seasoned instruction!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Do stop in from time to time and good luck to you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I, like the others, hate to see you go Southpaw, your advive has been so helpful and will be missed. I fully understand that you have so much going on but please visit us when you can, good luck to you and your family.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Good Luck...Adios amigo...Your impartial, coherent advice will be missed.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Take care Southpaw!! I know you've helped me out alot, so this one chordian who'll miss ya.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Southpaw41L,

The creator of the best thread of any forum I have visited, "Let's Hear Your Gig Stories" will be missed.  His insight and sharing his experiences was the best. He has been an inpiration to so many of us here and his support of everyone here has been wonderful.

Toney , I wish you the Best !

Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

sad

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Toney goodluck with everything I wish you well with all your ventures smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I'm gonna miss reading your posts in the Local Band section Toney, but I'm guessing you'll have some great ones for us when you drop by.
Cheers to you and your family big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Toney - You have been and continue to be an inspiration to many. It has been a pleasure sharing mod duties here with you and I look forward to continuing our cyber-friendship on FB. One of these days I'm gonna show up at one of your gigs and we're gonna strum a few and drink more than a few afterward.

BTW - Maybe I missed it, but what did you decide on Chaz's middle name?

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

So I guess we're not getting our "newbie resource" sticky.?.?.?

I loved seeing you nab spammers when they try to infiltrate Chordie.

Best of luck in all your ventures.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care Toney and best of luck to you. Hopefully this will be a short lived break and you'll be able to find a little time for checking in here. Until the next time take care and may God bless you and yours

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

I have just had to remove Toney from the Moderator team which, emotionally, was a very hard thing for me to do. Toney is the longest serving Moderator after James and I. He joined us at a time when Chordie, and particularly my Acoustic section, was being bombarded with spam, some of it disgusting and graphic. I asked Per if I could have help with someone from the States to give better time coverage and suggested Toney as a co-Moderator.

Over the years I have grown to respect his musical skills, his humour, his unstinting loyalty, his kindness and his generosity. Last year when I was burgled and most of my musical equipment and guitars stolen, Toney immediately offered to send a guitar to me and this was at a time when his work was low and he was short of cash himself.

There is one thing for sure I might be losing a co-Moderator but I will not lose the friend.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you Southpaw, hope all goes well for you. 

badeye ..   cool

one caper after another

Southpaw,

Go n-éirigh an bóthar leat . { May the roads rise with you}

You will succeed in everything you do sir, You conduct your world with honesty from your heart.

Much love and hugs to you and yours.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Toney, you will be missed! Thanks for all your great advice & the brilliant "Gigs" thread. Glad to see that you are now active on Facebook.
Hope that oil slick stays away from your shores!
Cheers & Best Wishes,
Paul.

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic