Topic: Glass Managerie.

With a hat tip to Tennessee Williams. This is wholly fictional.

I am determined to get this up over the weekend - three others are recorded and hope to have them up too.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Re: Glass Managerie.

Hi StranSongs,

I started to read this and had images of the Amish community. Then "Lammas fair Ballycastle popped
up. I get the image of someone visiting for a summer then leaving ?.

One way or another its a beautiful piece. I adore this line. "When he gave you that corn stalk braid" Conjurs up some wonderful
images of innocence and summe love.

Its  a really good piece of writing.

Thanks you for sharing.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi,

I was thinking of an american family member returning for a summer.

Yes I was seeing the lammas Fair at ballycastle-o (http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/ACalend/LammasFair.html )

"Were you ever at the Fair In Ballycastle-O?
Did you treat your Mary Ann
To some Dulse and Yellow Man
At the Ould Lammas Fair in Ballycastle-O!"

For those not in the know dulse is edible seaweed and yellow man is a hard version of sugar honeycomb.

4 (edited by Jody Wayne 2010-06-10 19:55:44)

I'll tell ya what StranSongs, you have outdone your self this time.  There is no way to read this without pictures filling the minds eye.  I can imagine how beautiful it would sing.  If this one does not hit he CD shelves, then there really is no tooth fairy.

Good job my friend,
jodyW

hi stransongs this tells the story of a lass going on a date and coming home wanting a shoulder to cry on,thats how i read it,lovely lyrics should sound great,well done......stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Howdy Strans smile

You have some real good imagery in this write. I got a Fathers love for his daughter and how bad he felt for her when when her relationship ended.

I watched the blush grow
Across your teenage cheeks
When he gave you that corn stalk braid
That second week.

Nice smile

I am curious about what a corn stalk braid is? Would that be what we call corn bread?

Hope you get it uploaded this weekend. smile

Cheers

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

7 (edited by StranSongs 2010-06-12 14:35:58)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the comments - I appreciate them.

Corn stalk braids would be like these corn dollies (http://maddy2001-ivil.tripod.com/corndollies/id5.html ). although I'm really thinking of simpler ones along the line of this St Bridget's cross ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMj7RJDwp8U ).

Lena picked up on the innocence of plaiting straw or rushes.

Indeed Strans.

We were shown how to make the Brigids cross as kids. I have one above my hall door my nephew made for me.

There used  here as a symbol to  to ward off off sickness and ill health.

Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Strans
Nice imaginative  lyrics. Hope you find the time to record this one.
Well done
ark