Topic: Special request for those inclined towards prayer

My old jamm buddy and dear, dear friend will be undergoing a high-risk surgery on July 2.  Survival is not a given.  Paralysis is more a question of "how much" than a question of "whether".   He's scared and is asking for prayer on his behalf.  His name is Gary. 

If you're spiritual life leads you towards prayer, I'd appreciate if you would be willing to pray frequently on Gary's behalf for a successful surgery and recovery. 

Hopefully this is not too religious of a message.  I'll leave it to my co-moderators to make that decision and edit or remove this post if in their opinion I am violating a rule.  I don't think I am because I am not soliciting, proseletyzing, evangelizing, or promoting a particular belief, but just asking for help from like-minded people.  If the thread turns into something other than that, I'll delete it myself. 

Thanks.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Special request for those inclined towards prayer

Zurf,

I'll say a prayer for your friend Gary, I hope that he does well my friend.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

prayers sent.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

We have a friend in a similar situation and we will gladly send prayers and good vibes your way

Later, Wayne P

Prayers for Gary's surgery to be as successful as possible

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks folks.  This is a very special guy, and he's been a good friend to me.  The surgeon has said that this surgery, which is essentially building him a new spine out of titanium, makes heart bypass surgery look like a tooth extraction by comparison.  It's very long, there's a lot of people involved, and there's zero room for error being that they're going to be operating on his entire spinal column.  This guy's survived being blown up by Libyans (he was a Master Sergeant at the Marine Corps base attacked back in '86), two bouts of cancer, and MS.  Each of which was likely to have killed him, but he not only survived but prevailed.  Now this from a fungal infection.  He's been a dear friend since '92 and this is the first time I've ever heard him scared or ask for help. 

The only thing I've ever heard this guy say that's flat out wrong is, "D!  (he calls me D)  You've GOT to learn the B chord.  It's all about the B chord!  Here, listen to this..."  Then he blasts off into some amazing B chord riff that would make Russell Harding question his mutantcy. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I feel for you, Zurf. You must be worried sick, along with the rest of Gary's friends and family. My prayers and positive thoughts go out to you all.

And you must learn that B!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Prayers sent.
If anyone can bring him thru this with a testimony...God can!

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

As you may already know from old posts of mine, I am not a religious person, however, I do wish your friend the best of luck from the bottom of my heart.  He deserves the best care possible and I hope everything goes well.  Please keep us informed. I do believe positve affirmations help.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_N8639F1FxC0/SKCKMl_aLGI/AAAAAAAABug/Ss8g7aeHwJ4/s400/IMGP0449.JPG

The man in question, on a fishing trip we took two years ago.  On this trip, I was recovering from shoulder surgery and taking a lot of pain killers.  At the end of the weekend, as I was looking over the pictures, I saw him or one other buddy nearby keeping an eye on me in every one.  I never even noticed it at the time, but they shared "baby sitting duty" to keep me safe out on the water and in camp.  What do you do with friends like that?  Count your blessing, I guess.

You love them, be with them and always remain their friend

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

You love them, be with them and always remain their friend

Agreed wholeheartedly.

(Dangit, you guys are getting me teary.)
But good friends are hard to find...hold on to them with all you have.

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Positive thoughts always.

badeye

one caper after another

Im not inclined towards anything but I wish your friend and his family all the best.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Done

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

I'll be praying for both you and your friend! Just remember, no matter what happens you'll both be together forever! And another thing...don't be afraid to post "too spiritual" messages! There is no such thing as too much spirit! Trust me, after a full three days at church camp, Iv'e learned you'll get on a spiritual high and never get off!:) What I mean by that is...STAND OUT FOR JESUS CHRIST! And remember.................NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zurf wrote:

This guy's survived being blown up by Libyans (he was a Master Sergeant at the Marine Corps base attacked back in '86), two bouts of cancer, and MS.  Each of which was likely to have killed him, but he not only survived but prevailed.  Now this from a fungal infection.   

- Zurf

Zurf it sounds like God has something special in store for Gary because he has brought him through all of this and i have faith to believe that God hasn't changed his mind and this surgery will be a success. I will keep Gary in my prayers.

dfoskey wrote:
Zurf wrote:

This guy's survived being blown up by Libyans (he was a Master Sergeant at the Marine Corps base attacked back in '86), two bouts of cancer, and MS.  Each of which was likely to have killed him, but he not only survived but prevailed.  Now this from a fungal infection.   

- Zurf

Zurf it sounds like God has something special in store for Gary because he has brought him through all of this and i have faith to believe that God hasn't changed his mind and this surgery will be a success. I will keep Gary in my prayers.

I Agree, this guy has something yet to do in this life.... maybe just something small like pestering you into "mutantcy" or perhaps just being a good human being.  Whatever it is we're pulling for him!

Semper Fi;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I agree with dfoskey,

Im also amazed at the strength of this man to endure all he has..

I will do as i do for all my friends, add his name to my prayer candle.

Thine will be done not mine.

Love hugs and continued strength to your Cara { friend] Zurf.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

May the grace of Jesus, and the love of God with the unity
of the Holy Spirit be with you Gary forever and ever,
Saviour guide Gary as he journeys thru' the valley of the shadow
Bless Gary Lord with the grace to overcome the affliction that threatens him
Father remember Gary and keep his name forever written in the Book of Life
this i pray on the name of Your son, our Lord and Saviour Jesus.

Kiaora zurf, wow i hope your mate is a fisher of men too, lol.
gee i hope i don't get a growling or banned for writing that prayer up.lol
anyway all the best to you Gary.

The way of the muso ....

RhythmNbalance

Prayers for Gary, his family and friends..  God be with you all through this ordeal  may you find some peace while going through this