Topic: The Sun Shines

Hello everyone,

We just spent the weekend at the Bighorn Mountain festival and had a wonderful time. Played guitar with others and listened to some great music for three days. I was visiting a banjo playing friend and I was listening to him and another fella noodlin around.
Some lyrics jumped into my head so I finished the song today. Just a simple song and greetings from Wyoming

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab182/wlbaye/buffalo2010010.jpg

The Sun Shines

1st Verse

(G) The Sun shines when she comes around
The (C) Sun shines when she comes my (G) way
She'll chase gray skies and my blues(Em) away
(G)Hope she's comin (D) round (G) today,

2nd verse
She's the star that shines the brightest
She'll make everything okay
And light the way, in the darkest hour
Hope she's comin round today

Chorus;

Oh the sun shines when she comes around
The sun shines when she comes my way
The sun shines when she comes around
Hope she's comin round today

3rd verse

As I awoke, I missed you dearly
I dreamt we were in paradise
but your not here, and I'm so lonesome
I wanna lay my head down and cry.

Chorus X2

Later, Wayne P

Re: The Sun Shines

Great Picture sir,

You and your love look real happy. Always good to see.

Love the wee song also. your gonna have to record when you get time..

Thanks for sharing.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Love the sweet simplicity of this.

Can't for the life of me see how a banjo could ever have had anything to do with it . . !

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Thanks Lena,
I have been real busy other than the past weekend so I haven't been contributing much of anything lately, but I am working on the tempo and trying to get it to flow, but I think it will come together.

Old Doll wrote:

Great Picture sir,

You and your love look real happy. Always good to see.

Love the wee song also. your gonna have to record when you get time..

Thanks for sharing.

Old Doll.

Later, Wayne P

Heya Strans,

Thank you,
Yes just a simple song, from a simple fellar smile

The open back banjo played in clawhammer style is a wonderful instrument and the cool little melodies they get out of them is really unique. The style I like is the old timey folk type stuff. I am in search of a open back banjo to try and learn this way of playing.
I will be posting some vids of a harmony and songwriting workshop I attended and they used the banjo this way in some of it and it can be a really nice sounding instrument.

StranSongs wrote:

Love the sweet simplicity of this.

Can't for the life of me see how a banjo could ever have had anything to do with it . . !

Later, Wayne P

I suppose my experience of the banjo is from Irish Trad sessions when the banjo and fiddle tend to drown out everything else. Mind you I almost bought an open back tenor a year or so ago. It's tuned the same as the mandolin that I play.

look forward to the vids.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Wayne, you two look soooo happy!  Such a lovely picture... can't wait to hear the new tune smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Strans I posted some vids in the Acoustic section, Pete is playing an openback 5 string banjo and is playing clawhammer style.
I really like the way he plays and I am looking at banjos smile 

StranSongs wrote:

I suppose my experience of the banjo is from Irish Trad sessions when the banjo and fiddle tend to drown out everything else. Mind you I almost bought an open back tenor a year or so ago. It's tuned the same as the mandolin that I play.

look forward to the vids.

Later, Wayne P

Thanks Amy,
We were having such a good time I guess it shows. I haven't had time to record but I am still working on our project. Summer is a great time to be outside anyway smile

mekidsmom wrote:

Wayne, you two look soooo happy!  Such a lovely picture... can't wait to hear the new tune smile

Later, Wayne P

wlbaye wrote:

Thanks Amy,
We were having such a good time I guess it shows. I haven't had time to record but I am still working on our project. Summer is a great time to be outside anyway smile

mekidsmom wrote:

It does show Wayne!  You look happy, relaxed and in love smile  I agree, summer is a great time to just enjoy and be outdoors.  I keep saying I'm going to record something soon, although usually when I find a little time I just end up sitting on the porch picking my guitar rather than set everything up to record.  Take your time and enjoy the weather while it's here!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Wayne,
This is a nice little song!

No, It's a great little song!!!

The love just oozes out of it.

Very well done sir.

You guyes should be some kinda poster children or sompthin.

Take care,
jody Wayne

Thanks Jody,

This is one that just popped in and I think it was probably the sound of all the music in the air. I am still working on the arrangement but it's coming along. I am hoping to have a bass and lead guitar player help me on this one. I don't write songs very often but when a couple lines just come out of nowhere I write them down smile

Later, Wayne P

Hi Wayne,

Nice little song with a natural flow and rythym. Looking forward to the recording.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"