Topic: Oh,oh Rosie.

I had to post this one as I think it's the best song I've done in ages. It's about an abused girl who's boyfriend runs off with a younger model, as he's done before but always comes back. The guy next door is in love with her....it's the eternal triangle.

In a country rock beat.

Oh,oh Rosie.Undefined

[A] I heard you cry, yes I heard you cry.

Through the [D] bedroom wall, said you [Bm] want to die.

I dont [F#m] understand why you'd [D] want to leave this [A] world.

So he's [A] gone away, left you in this state.

He dont [D] give a damn, still he [Bm] knows you'll wait.

And one [F#m] day when his luck's run [D] out he'll be [A] back.

(REPEAT SAME CHORDS FOR EACH VERSE)

Threw most of his stuff in the back of his car.

With that sweet little girl from the soda bar.

When her cash runs out, she'll be looking for another ride.

[F#m] Oh,oh Rosie. [D] Look at [A] me.

[F#m] Oh,oh Rosie. [D] Think of what we could [A] be.

You know me well, I'm a steady kind of guy.

And I'll work for you, yes I'll give you the sky.

And I know for a fact, I'll be gone when he comes back.

Everywhere I look I can see his things.

His cup and his shirt his guitar with no strings.

When she throws him out he'll be back here knocking on your door.

Oh,oh Rosie.let's pack-up and go.

Oh,oh Rosie. Somewhere he'll never know.

(SOLO OVER VERSE) (CHORUS)

[F#m] Oh,oh Rosie. Let's [D] pack-up and [A] go.

[F#m] Oh,oh Rosie. [D] Somewhere he'll never [A] know.

[F#m]Oh,oh Rosie. [D] We wont look [A] back.

[F#m] Oh,oh Rosie. [D] As a matter of [A] fact.

I heard you cry, yes I heard you cry.

When he slapped you hard and he said goodbye.

One day when his luck's run out he'll be back.

(REPEAT CHORUS TO FADE)

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Oh,oh Rosie.

I think your right.  It is verry good.  All to true in many cases as you probably know.

Very very good,
jodyW

hi phill i've come across loads of relationships like this through family and friends,neibours,good write,looking forward to the recording,i'm in limbo as my tower has gone for a spell and all my software is on it.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Phill...in a word..brilliant. Very well done. Is that you on background vocals too? It's not easy to accompany yourself but you've pulled it off. Very well done Sir...thanks for sharing

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Like it Phil, very good work. And great job on the recording. Never disappointed with anything you put out on here. Great consistency and quality. Hurrah sir, hu-rrah!!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Hi Phill
Most excellent song and recording.
I have to agree with you that it is one of your best ones. All the elements of the recording are right on the money vocals and instruments.
Well done.
I recently watched a TV programe on the island record label. I didn't realise how good a voice Ian Anderson had not being a Jethro Tull fan in the past. soooo I take back what I said about you not sounding a bit like him..... smile
ark

I for some reason can not find the recording of this.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

hi yaall,

sorry it's taken so long to reply to you, but i've been away for a week or so....

selso, i had a look and it was there are you looking on myspace? click on the web button to your left. thanks for the interest.

hi ark, i listened to the song again yesterday and i found so many flaws and mistakes it made me wince! i even thought it sounded like all the other songs i've written in the last few months (apart from the ones i've done with you and my dear old mate russ)
thanks for the comparison to ian anderson, one of rocks greatest voices in my opinion! not that my pathetic attempts come close.

hi bud, thanks for the thumbs up. it's funny how things dont sound the same the next day? maybe i'll come back to it in a couple of years and like it again!

hi geo, yes it is me, i do all the recording stuff myself unless i'm working with someone,russ or arkady. thanks for your vote of confidence.

hey daddy, sorry to hear about your tower, not too serious i hope, and you get it back ASAP.
ta, yup, there's a lot of relationships going boobs up lately because one or the other is a user or a cheater, so it's nice to hear about people like you and me who can stay in a relationship for years with-out cheating or simply using our other. cool it is.

hi jody, it's a kind of eternal triangle, you love her, she loves him, he loves himself! i guess i added the physical abuse as an afterthought, but by the time i got to the end i hated the guy my-self so i made him more hateful. you can tell by that statement that when i write i start at the beginning and work it through to the end.

thanks to you all for your kind words. please go and vote for russ and me on the harding/williams web page....thanks again

phill

Just listened Phil,

Its excellent sir. Would it be cruel to say " Your best yet ? " not in lyrics, but  with melody and recording.

I enjoyed that immensely.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I think that this is a great piece of work Phill, well done,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I guess I have to thank Roger for reviving this!  I didn't see it before myself.  I really like it a lot!  It's got a nice fun feel to it that makes it memorable "oh oh Rosie"... yet that sad eternal triangle that so many people get sucked into.  I'm so glad I've found my "guy next door" and we've stayed true through all our troubles.  Very nice Phill!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

well once again, thank you, i thought this had run it's course now. i am so glad to see that it is appreciated as i appreciate the lovely comments.

lena, nice to hear from you again, it's got a real chorus, something i tend to struggle with. i'm still not happy with the recording though!

hi rog, again, long time no hear! thanks for the comment. and as amy says "thanks for the revival."

hello amy, sorry to hear about your loss, i know it's not recent but love is eternal...i'll say no more. yes it is an "i love you love him....he loves himself" jobbie. there are too many people in this world that take advantage of their lovers as well as any situation they find themselves in. i call them throw backs....i believe it goes back to when out of instinct (like animals) the male has to impregnate as many females as possible to ensure his line. if that didnt happen we might have turned out completely differently...two heads? but those days are gone and modern humanity does not need the "alpha male" syndrome....remember AIDS?

phill

(sorry for the rant)

Thanks Phill!  I'm trying not to bombard Chordie with all that stuff, it's all that's been on my mind lately.  Love truly is eternal.

I agree with you on the whole instinctive thing.  When ever I can't understand why some people do what they do, I try to throw it to the instincts and compare us to animals.  It usually makes sense.  But, sense doesn't mean sensible in our civilized world.  Again, very good song!  Let us know if you re-record at any time.  I don't think it needs to be personally, but then I feel everything I've done should be re-recorded too... so I get the feeling!  LOL!

hi amy,

i hope you don't mind, but after our cyber chat yesterday, i had an idea for a poem which i would dedicate to you, i haven't written any thing down yet, so if you don't like the idea, i'll scrap it. on the other hand, you may want to put a tune to it, then you could post an "original" up on youtube?
let me know?
phill

Phill, I would be HONORED!  smile  Of course, if for some reason while you're writing you get a tune stuck in your head... feel free to to put it to music first as it shall be your work.  Just try to keep my low level guitar playing in mind so that I might play it!  LOL!  Thank you very much!