Topic: Where Have All The Loyal Chordians Gone ?

Perhaps this is a rhetorical question, perhaps not? 313,371 registered users and 8 posts in the last 24 hours......

Give everything but up.

Re: Where Have All The Loyal Chordians Gone ?

Summertime weekends maybe....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Wow , doesn't seem right does it?

According to the link in this post, we are posting less and less. Unless I misunderstood the info.
http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8915
We've gradually gone down hill since 2005.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll go with Pix and the Summertime thing.  Everybody is out doing things with friends & family while the weather is nice and before school resumes in the Fall.

A few of us are still checking in regularly, but that's because we're too old or too broke to go.....  Ok, maybe it's just me.

Take Care All;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

No, I agree Doug. After making sure the bills are paid, the teenagers get their allowance, and the wife gets the house money,there just isn't too much left to go do things. I've been checking in but haven't had a lot of free time what with work and home maintenance. And zguitar, I wouldn't say we've gone downhill, I've been on another site that really has gone downhill. Less posting is probably due to time constraints. Chordie is still number one

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

It has been spooky quiet in here this weekend.  Maybe a bunch of chordians were done in by zombies on Friday the 13th?  lol

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I've just been working and away from my uke all summer, so far.  I usually get back into it in the late fall/early winter and spend a lot of time perusing the posts.  Contrary to what some of you might think (from some of my dopey threads) I don't like to post when there's nothing to say!

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...

hi southpaw41L i've a lot of crap going down at work at the moment with all these goverment cutbacks,we're like on hold in limbo cause we ar'nt getting enough feedback to whats happening,we have to wait till october to see what the damage will be,i keep popping an odd song on but the stress levels wear one out.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

I have noticed that Saturday is usually the quieter day in here.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

10 (edited by Russell_Harding 2010-08-15 14:32:41)

I also believe its summer and theres a lot of activity outside it will pickup later in the year as the weather changes and school starts smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

The weather here this year has been the best we have had in years.

Apart from work and holidays, ive been making the most of every spare minute of it. 22 degrees here today, sunny , warm and pure bliss to be outside .

I find with facebook, its airy fairy and easy to make quick replies to post there.. Here on Chordie i do like to read everyones post, which can take much more time.. Then, i like to post an honest comment on same.

I havent gona away ya know lol lol who was that cheeky git that groaned so loud !!! Clatter, Clatter.

Hugs to all you chordians.

Going now to check on my tomatoes, yum..

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Good to see you again, Old Doll.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I've always noticed that it's a little slower on weekends, but I'm guessing some of the others are right about doing other things with it being summer and with school out...Old Doll, is it really 22 degrees there? We've had 90+ degree's here seems like all summer.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Cam, don't forget Helena (Old Doll) will be using Centigrade (22C =71.6F) and you will be using Fahrenheit (90F = 32.2C).

I too have noticed weekends are very quiet and I guess it is the holidays and warm weather that is getting folk out and about and not stuck inside on their PC's. I am sure it will get busier when schools are open again.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Were so used to getting rain and more rain.
It was lovely today, so hot. Its hotter in more sheltered places also or in the midlands.

90 degrees ! yikes id melt sir.  are you able to enjoy that kind of heat ?

Here's a link to our weather for the week. Look at the rain predicted for
Tuesday / Wednesday/ Thursdays/ [ groans }. Our weather can change very quickly due to the proximity of the Atlantic ocean. Or so the experts tell us. I happen to live on the edge of the Dublin Mountains. Some days the mist off the hills stays low which blots out the sunshine. A real pain in the swisser i tell you. But today from early morn it was divine. not a cloud or mist in sight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxqXmbzTxw

http://www.ireland.com/weather/dublin

Old Doll.

Thanks Roger !

This Old Doll didnt think of that one.. 20 minutes is all you need in sunshine to store vitamin d for 3 months. Roger Guppy you must have an endless supply.Tis well for ya!

Old Doll.

Hi Helena,

For the past 6 weeks it has been in the upper 30's here and too hot to get to sleep at nights, the warmest summer since 1880, but I am loving it and you are welcome to come and share some.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

lol

Thank you sir. But this old Doll could hardly go around in the nuddy  in that heat with another  member of Chordie.

I can hear Pers "Tut Tuts" from here!

It could take the sight from the locals eyes! and yours. Unless your wishing to collect the pension for the blind lol

Old Doll.

Ps Benson P me ould flower, thank you for your kind words.

Old Doll,

Here in the Southeast of the US it get's pretty humid, so it can seem hotter than it actually is. I guess it's what you get use to but I love hot weather or at least warm weather, I'm not much on cold weather, I tend to hibernate during the winter. 

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

This is a a slow weekend down here in the Heart of Dixie because schools open tomorrow and everybody has been splurging on school supplies.
I look forward to cooler temperatures after a record setting hot summer with 100's (F) or high 30's (C). No fun to be outside and not enough wind for a sail - even at night.
Summer temps in Ireland are similar to Alabama's winter temperatures. Bikini season here is eight months long so local ladies diet all year 'round.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Cam and Toots, we've had a touch of your summer this year... high 90's all of July and just horribly humid all summer long.  Would you like to take my winter this year and I'll take yours?  lol

Old Doll - Although you have all that rain, you don't have amazingly hot summers, and you don't get too much snow either.  I don't know how well I'd fair with rain all the time but I could do without the very extreme 4 seasons we have in NY.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I agree with the summer time thing! I do check in every day M-F. I won't post if I have nothing to say or add to the discission.

I'm always checking in on here. But I haven't posted much because there hasn't been much posted I could contribute to. I've posted a few topics in the past month though I spend most of my free time playing (When I can find any)

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

mekidsmom wrote:

Cam and Toots, we've had a touch of your summer this year... high 90's all of July and just horribly humid all summer long.  Would you like to take my winter this year and I'll take yours?  lol

Old Doll - Although you have all that rain, you don't have amazingly hot summers, and you don't get too much snow either.  I don't know how well I'd fair with rain all the time but I could do without the very extreme 4 seasons we have in NY.

I miss the 4 seasons of home (NY).
Here in Maryland we have 2 seasons...

Winter...then straight into Summer.

No spring...no fall.
Just blazing hot or freezing cold.

I swear, if it wasn't for my awesome church I'd be lookin for somewhere else to work and lay my head.

=\
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Detman101 wrote:

I'm always checking in on here. But I haven't posted much because there hasn't been much posted I could contribute to. I've posted a few topics in the past month though I spend most of my free time playing (When I can find any)

=]
Dm

Same here, I don't come on here as much as I did because there is far less discussion going on, even since I've been a member, it's a vicious circle really.   We should all make a pact to post more often.

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000