Re: Joke Thread

Two ducks were swimming in a pond when the one duck looked at the other duck and said, "Quack!" The other duck looked back and said, "Oh my God! I was just about to say that!"

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

That's a great one Roger.  How true.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

What kink of bees do you get milk from?   Boobies.  [my nine year old belly laughed at this]

How do you know if there is a drummer at your door?   He never know when to come in.

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut now or then...

Tuba player: "Did you hear my last recital?"
Friend: "I hope so."

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

There's nothing I like better than the sound of a banjo, unless of course it's the sound of a chicken caught in a vacuum cleaner.

Sorry toots ! I just had to post this 'un..... haha!!

q)How do you fix a broken tuba?
a)With a "tuba glue".

Give everything but up.

Boudro from Louisiana died and went to that hot place down there. The devil said, "Boudro, you think it's hot there in Lousiana, check this out."
He threw Boudro into this prison room and cranked the heat up.
Next morning the devil peeked in and asked, "Hot enough for you, boy?" Boudro said, "Not too bad - bout like the bayou in the month of June."
"Oh yeah!", yelled the devil, "Now feel this." And he cranked the heat up some more.
Next morning, the devil sticks his head in and finds Boudro with sweat on his forehead. Devil asks, "Hot enough for you , boy?" Boudro says, "Pretty hot. 'Bout like the bayou in July,"
Devil shouts, "Well check this out." And cranks the heat wide open.
Next morning, the devil pops in and finds Boudro with sweat pouring from his forehead and dripping from his beard. Devil asks, "Now what do you think?" Boudro says, "Pretty dadgum hot. 'Bout like the bayou in August."
The devil roared outside and turns the heat off and sets the A/C to maximum cold. "See how you like this, swamp boy."
Next morning, Boudro has ice in his beard. Devil comes in and asks, "What do you think now. Boudro?" Boudro replies, " Cold day in hell, the Saints must have won the super bowl."

Pretty good one Tuba, I remember the days of the New Orleans "Aint's" they sure come a long way since then.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

59 (edited by tandm3 2010-09-15 02:00:11)

So these two cannibals are out in the jungle eating clown.

One looks at the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?

-_____________________________________-

ARGH!  I shoulda read all the posts first! someone already posted a version of this!

Now available in 5G !

60 (edited by tubatooter1940 2010-09-15 15:50:26)

Boudro went to L.S.U. His daddy was not rich and would only spend money on projects that he was positive were worthy investments.
When Boudro got to school he wanted to join a fraternity to bond with like-minded students and form business ties for later on. When Boudro sounded his daddy out on the thousand dollars it cost to join a fraternity, his dad balked at the expense. Boudro decided on another tack. He told his dad that L.S.U. had a program to teach dogs to read. His dad got excited about that .He said, "My eyes are getting weak. If they can teach Old Blue (his blue tick hound dog) to read, it would help me in my old age. How much I have to pay to get Old Blue in the reading program?" "One thousand dollars." replied Boudro.
The old man wrote him a check and Boudro went back to school. The very next night, Boudro got into a poker game in the dorm and lost every cent of his daddy's thousand dollars. He still wanted to join the fraternity.
Boudro called his daddy on the phone and told him that L.S.U. also had a new program to teach dogs to talk. His dad was enthusiastic. He said, "No point in teaching Old Blue to read if he can't talk and tell me what he's reading. How much it costs to teach him to talk, son?" "One thousand dollars" replied Boudro. "I'll send you a check." said his dad and hung up.
Boudro joined the fraternity and everything was dandy for a while until his dad called and told him, "Son, everybody around here is so excited about Old Blue reading and talking. He's famous around here. Bring him with you when you come home for thanksgiving day break because the whole town wants to see him."
Boudro went into a deep dark funk. What was he going to tell all those people? The dog couldn't talk or read. Old Blue could tell Boudro was depressed so he came out from under the bed and whined in sympathy. This infuriated Boudro and he pulled a pistol out of his desk drawer and shot that dog dead.
On the train ride back home, Boudro had no cover story. He was so depressed. When the train reached his home station there was a crowd waiting to see Old Blue numbering in the hundreds, the local high school band was playing. The whole town had turned out to see the world's first talking dog. Boudro closed the window curtain and peeked out through a tiny crack intil he spotted his dad on the edge of the crowd. Boudro then sneaked out of a back door and quickly and quietly met his dad. "His dad said, "Son, where's Old Blue? All these people are waiting to see him."
Boudro pulled him around the corner saying, "Daddy, there was a problem."
"What problem?" asked his dad.
Boudro explained, "The problem didn't show up when they were teaching Old Blue to read. It showed up when Old Blue started talking."
His dad asked, " Talking about what, son?"
Boudro said, " The only thing Old Blue wanted to talk about was you and that cute little waitress down at the cafe."
His dad said, " I hope you shot that dog dead, son."
Boudro replied, " Yes sir, I did."

Little boy, 4 years old, was sitting in the tub taking a bath when he reached down and grabbed his testicles. As he was sitting there holding them in his hand  he looked up and asked his Momma " are these my brains"?. To which she replied "Not Yet".

Nela

A group of psychiatry students are in a seminar about Emotional Extremes and in an attempt to set the tone for the lecture the professor asked one student "What is the opposite of joy?"
"Sadness" replied the student. To the second student he asked "What is the opposite of depression?"  "Elation" was the response.  He then turned to the Essex girl and asked "What's the opposite of woe?"  With a beaming smile on her face she said "Sir I think you'll find that would be Giddy-up."

Ian

All things good to know are difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb

A young boy and girl are walking down the corridor when the girl says "oh! look, there's a condom under the radiator." The boy replies; " what's a radiator?"

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I'm just wondering...If a Cop arrest's a mime-do they tell him he has the right to remain silent, what's the protocol on that I'm wondering.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Good theory, Cam. I wonder myself.
You know you're getting old when:
1. Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes and you're barefoot.
2. You are cautioned to slow down by your doctor instead of the police.
3. "Getting lucky" means you find your car in the parking lot.
4. "Getting a little action" means your prune juice is working.
5. An "all nighter" means not getting up to use the bathroom.
6. You wash your face but it still needs ironing.
7. You don't care where your spouse goes just as long as you don't have to go along.

I've already put this up on the Chilean Miner thread, but what the heck...

I bought a bottle of Chilean wine to celebrate the rescue of the miners, but it's taken me 69 days to open it, and even then I had to pull the cork in and out 33 times!

mskjlk, I would take a chance on repeating myself anytime to convey that good a joke.
I'm glad I got to see it.
If I spot it in another thread - fine - because I am going to add that one to my repetroire.
toots

Why men are never depressed:
1. Your last name stays put.
2. The garage is all yours.
3. Wedding plans take care of themselves.
4. You can never get preggers.
5. Car mechanics tell you the truth.
6. You never have to drive to another gas station rest room because this one is just too icky.
7. You don't have to stop and think which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
8. Same work more pay.
9. Wrinkles add character.
10. Wedding dress $5,000. Tux rental $100.
11. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.
12. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
13. One mood all the time.
14. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
15. Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
16. Three pairs of shoes are enough.
17. Everything on your face stays it's original color.
18. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
19. You can play with toys all your life.
20. You can Christmas shop for 25 relatives on December 24th in 25 minutes.

Hi again

My 8 year old meice told me this one

I thought I would take my pet snail and remove his shell to see if he could move any faster.  Truth is he now seems a little sluggish. 
Ian

All things good to know are difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb

A mature lady gets pulled over for speeding.
Lady asks, "Is there a problem, officer?"
Officer, "Ma'am you were speeding."
Lady replies, "Oh, I see."
Officer, "Can I see your license, please?"
Lady, "I'd give it to you but I don't have one."
Officer, "Don't have one?"
Lady, "Lost it four years ago for drunk driving."
Officer, "I see. Can I see your vehicle registration papers, please?"
Lady, "I can't do that."
Officer, " Why not?"
Woman, " I stole this car."
Officer, "Stole it?"
Lady, "Yes, and I killed and hacked up the owner."
Officer, "You what?"
Lady, "His body parts are in plastic bags in the trunk if you want to see."
The officer looks at the woman and slowly backs away to his car and calls for back up.
Within minutes five police cars circle the car. A senior officer slowly approaches the car clasping his half drawn gun.
Officer 2, "Madam, could you step out of your vechicle please?" The woman steps out of her vechicle.
Lady, "Is there a problem, sir?"
Officer 2, "One of my officers told me you have stolen this car and murdered the owner."
Lady, "Murdered the owner?"
Officer 2, "Yes, would you please open the trunk of your car, please?"
The lady opens the trunk revealing nothing but an empty trunk.
Officer 2,"Is this your car, ma'am?"
Lady, "Yes, here are the registration papers."
The officer is quite stunned.
Officer 2, "One of my officers claims that you do not have a driving license."
The lady digs into her handbag and pulls out a clutch purse abd hands it to the officer. The officer examines the license. He looks quite puzzled.
Officer 2, "Thank you, ma'am. One of my officers told me you didn't have a license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered and hacked up the owner."
Lady, "I'll bet that liar told you I was speeding too."

These are baaad, but I laughed anyway.

I've just come out of the shop with a meat and potato pie, large chips, some pudding and a pie.  A poor, homeless man sat there and said "I've not eaten for two days."  I told him, "I wish I had your freaking willpower."

A fat girl served me food in McDonalds at a busy lunch time.  She said "sorry about the wait."  I said "don't worry fatty, you're bound to lose it eventually."

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

There was a good looking blond flying coach to Chicago. During the flight she gets up and takes an empty seat in first class. The attendant saw her and asked her if she had a ticket for first class. She replied I am blond, beautiful and I am going to Chicago. Unable to get her to move the attendant goes to the cockpit to tell the pilot. The co pilot says he will go talk to her. He approaches and tells her she has to return to her seat in coach and she replies to him I am blond, beautiful and I am going to Chicago. After he was unable to get the passenger to return to her seat the co pilot returned to the cockpit. The pilot said wait a minute, you said she is blond right, well my wife is blond so I speak blond and I will get her to move. He walked up, leaned over and whispered something in her ear. She stood up and returned to her seat in coach without saying a word. When he sat down in the cockpit the co pilot asked what he whispered to her. The pilot said he told her that first class was not going to Chicago.

Bob was on his death bed and told by the doctor that he only had a few hours to live.  As his wife bent over him, he whispered that he had one last request.
"What is it?" his wife asked.
"Immediately after my funeral I want you to marry our neighbor Jim" he gasped.
"Marry Jim?  But, I thought you hated Jim!" she exclaimed
"I still do" he replied.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I can't find my perfect job:
My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned. Couldn't concentrate.
Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the axe.
After that I tried being a tailor, but wasn't suited for it - mainly because it was a sew sew job.
Next, I tried working in a muffler factory, but that was too exhausting.
Then, tried being a chef - figuring it would add a little spice to my life, but just didn't have the thyme.
Next I attempted being a deli worker, but any way I sliced it, I couldn't cut the mustard.
My best job was as a musician but the band eventually found I wasn't noteworthy.
I studied a long time to be a doctor, but I didn't have any patience.
I became a professional fisherman but discovered I couldn't live on my net income.
Managed to get a good job working for a pool maintenence company, but the work was just too draining.
Went to work at a workout center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.

You know you're going to have a bad day when:
1.You wake up face down on the pavement.
2.You call suicide prevention and they put you on hold. Then someone with an arab accent picks up and asks you if you can drive a truck.
3.You find a "Sixty Minutes" news team waiting for you at your office.
4.Your birthday cake collapses from the weight of the candles.
5.You turn on the news and they are showing emergency routes out of the city.
6.Your twin sister forgets your birthday.
7.You wake up after a long night of drinking to find your liver laying next to you on the mattress - crying.
8.Your car horn goes off accidentally and sticks on as you follow a large group of Hell's Angels down the freeway.