Topic: Beer Belly

Here's another attempt at posting one of my songs in the correct format.  I've also included another youtube clip so you can hear how the song is played.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puxm1kgcufU

I'm not sure why the second chorus didn't format correctly.  I guess I did something wrong.

DE

BEER BELLYUndefined

[G]Ever since that door hit her rear

Its been a [E]steady diet of [E7]pizza and beer

And [A]chips and twinkies from [D]down at the corner [G]store

[G]No more more work-outs at the gym

My [E]guts got bigger, though my [E7]hair's still thin

But [A]I don't think I can [D]take it any[G]more

[Em]I've got to forget about [G]my ex wife

And [Em]unload all this baggage that I've [G]got

[Em]Though I'm not in the best shape [G]of my life

[A]I'll get back among 'em and [D]give it my best [D7]shot

With him [G]peaking out beneath my shirt,

it [E]makes it very [E7]hard to flirt

But [A]me and my beer belly will be [D]hanging out to[G]night

[G]I'll go back to my local saloon

[E]Make an entrance in[E7]to the room

I'll [A]strut my stuff and [D]show 'em that I'm [G]back

[G]And I'll be suave and oh so cool

But [E]I won't sit on a [E7]bar stool

'Cause [A]its not sexy to [D]show a plumber's [G]crack

Tell all the [G]cows down at the local barn

the [E]bull will be back [E7]on the farm

[A]Me and my beer belly will be [D]hanging out to[G]night

[G]Now I'll go back to the gym and I'll stay late

'Til I [E]get down to my [E7]breeding weight

I'll [A]go on a diet and [D]only drink lite [G]beer

[G]And I'll start showering and use toorhpaste

Throw [E]out them jeans flared [E7]at the waist

But [A]tonight I gotta [D]just get out of [G]here

My new [G]God-like body will make 'em say Wow!

al[E]though I look like [E7]Budha now

[A]Me and my beer belly will be [D]hanging out to[G]night

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Beer Belly

hmmm...  I feel like I heard this one before.  I think I did peruse all those open mics when Big Jim sent us that-a-way to listen to one he had done.  I enjoyed it then, and again now!  smile  Excellent job (you're famous!  LOL)

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Excellent stuff!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

hi ken great lyrics and sound,loved this one,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

The phantom editor strikes again smile!!

This odd chorus formatting glitch does appear occasionally. The 'getaround' is to put a 'eoc' where the chorus fomatting disappears and add a new 'soc' at the start of the next line. I have done this for you and I also broke one chorus line into two to prevent the overlapping.

Now I will get out my guitar.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Ken,

I played it and I like it and then I watched you performing the song how it should be done, good stuff.

Thank you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks for the "fix" Roger, and for the kind words about the song.  I don't play it as often as I used to.  I worked with two guys that inspired me to write it.  They both had gotten divorces and I watched them go through a period where they "swore off" women and became slobs, then eventually decide to get back in shape and start dating again.  One is still single but the other eventually got married again to a lady with a teenage daughter.  They were vacationing at the outer banks in North Carolina when the daughter got caught in a rip tide and he swam out to help her.  Lifeguards rescued the daughter but Tim drowned.  When I play the song these days, I can't help but remember the guy and it takes away from the fun of playing it.

Hey Amy, I played at the Ashville open mic last Thursday and hoped to see Jim there but he didn't make.  In two weeks the open mic will celebrate its 6th anniversary and we've been challenged to write a song with the number 6 in it.  I've written one and thinking about penning another.  I'm curious if Big Jim is gonna give it a try.  I'm lookin forward to hearing everyone's efforts.

Ken

Dirty Ed wrote:

Hey Amy, I played at the Ashville open mic last Thursday and hoped to see Jim there but he didn't make.  In two weeks the open mic will celebrate its 6th anniversary and we've been challenged to write a song with the number 6 in it.  I've written one and thinking about penning another.  I'm curious if Big Jim is gonna give it a try.  I'm lookin forward to hearing everyone's efforts.Ken

Hey Dirty Ed; Ken  Yes, I have written my own song for our 6th birthday party and do intend to actually perform it that night.  Kind of a whimiscal little tune that I think is cute.  I also thought about another, but nothing done with it to date.  See you then; glad you are on here; good people, good supportive group.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Hey i like it alot keep it up! =]. thanks for sharing

Ken and Jim... make sure you share those two 6 songs with us when all is done!  That sounds like a really cool way to celebrate this great place.  Sounds like it'll be a great party!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Good tune

Really fun song Ken.  Kind of has a feel of a Johnny Cash Song, a hint of "A Boy Named Sue", more with the pacing of the lyrics than anything else.  Diggin it!

Music is my savior/I was maimed by Rock and Roll/I was tamed by Rock and Roll/I got my name/From Rock and Roll

-Jeff Tweedy

Dirty Ed and Bass Viking

I will have to get Dick in here with some of his songs. We can have a second open mic

That's something to remember . Loved the video, the song is definitely a keeper. And I enjoyed every minute. Jam nights are Awesome! Eh!     Cheers to unwanted BEER BELLIES. 
   HAPPY NEW YEARS 2011 is HERE !
Casper RED.

Thanks Casper.  Hope your 2011 is a good'un.

DE