Topic: Broken 30 year old Fender Acoustic

My 30 year old Fender snapped at the head and I don't know any stores near Wilmington, NC to go to that can fix it.  Any Suggestions? smile

Re: Broken 30 year old Fender Acoustic

I would contact Fender and see if they could recommend a QUALIFIED luther in your area.

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

3 (edited by patrickjacques 2007-05-20 15:35:49)

I also need some work done on my prized acoustic. I found this guy scott mac donald. I beleive he is really good. I dont think he is cheap.

s b macdonald.com

you would have to ship your guitar to have him fix it

what a long strange trip it's been

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll check them out.

......anymore?:(

Without a picture it's hard to tell if you can fix it yourself or need a qualified luithier. I fixed a headstock that snapped off an Epiphone Les Paul for a friend of mine's son. I would have liked to cut a scarf joint and made a new headstock. The repair would have cost about as much as the purchase of the guitar. Another alternative was to drill two holes on each side of the break and headstock and then glue it together. But because of where it snapped ther was no room to do that.

I finally glued it back in place (with carpenters glue) clamped it and let it cure for one week. After the week was up I drilled two pilot holes a little deeper than a pickguard screw and counter sunk it and added glue to keep the screws from loosening. It worked he is still playing the guitar problem free after a year. And it saved his dad the $ 800.00 (american) he wasgoing to spend on a new Gibson "SG" guitar.

Bootlegger.

Seems I remmber an outfit in one of those strip malls on college ave.  He had a good selection of good guitars and that ussally means connections to a good luther.  check him out.
R

As i stated earlyer my prized acoustic (Guild F-50) which is also 30 some odd years old is in dire need of repair. It's still playable but shes in bad shape. Well I have been in contact with SB MacDonald. The guy I had reffered to earlier and I am going to be shipping her off to Long Island, NY. I will let you know when I get her back. This guy is supposed  to be really really good. I sure hope so

what a long strange trip it's been

need help understanding tabs thanks.
play up pompey