1 (edited by Bass Viking 2010-09-15 20:02:07)

Topic: Daddy's Baker's Dozen - original tune for local songwriting challenge

Our local open mic is celebrating it's sixth anniversary and has challenged each of us to write a song with the word "six" in it.  Here is my submission; a totally made-up whimsical little tune with many references to "six" in it.  I hope you enjoy!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9595778

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Re: Daddy's Baker's Dozen - original tune for local songwriting challenge

LOL Daddy great tune you 86ed de 6s

Fun little 6 tune Jim!  I'll bet it's a hit at the anniversary!  HAVE A BLAST!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Funny song Jim - Very creative lyrics and a good tune to go along with it. Sounds like a great open mike / beer drinking song.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Schweet lyrics Jim!!  Its gonna be a hit next Thursday at the Open Stage.  Wish I could be there to hear it, but I'll be camped on a river bank in Kentucky, picking bluegrass with some friends. Glad you posted it so I could enjoy ahead of time.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Thanks to all for your feedback!  I will give it a try next Thursday and see how it goes.  I was afraid that the one line with the play on words might offend some with the mere suggestion and the symbolism of rhyming with the word truck.   It is supposed to be fun and most will take it as that.  Good Luck on the fishing trip Ken!  I know those fellows will enjoy the picking around the fire at night.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.

UPDATE:  Here is the video of me doing the song at our local "six" year anniversary party for our Open Mic.  Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mucLBLDSL9w

Great job Jim!  Wish I had been there.

I wrote one called "Six Year Old Whiskey" and played it the week before the anniversary.  Here's a video of the other one I wrote called "Six Years Aboard the Open Stage".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtrZIQaGJFg

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

darn, I posted a reply but my computer didn't like it... anyhow...  I'll bet that the laughter was enough to make your WEEK!  CONGRATS on a GREAT JOB!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

hi jim that was brilliant,another masterpiece,well done.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Great song Jim. Your audience obviously appreciated it too.

Well done,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"