Re: I Want a Telecaster

I am not a car guy at all... hevent even got a license... and the only cool car my mom had was a Volkswagen Beetle...

But I know what you mean...

Cheers,

Tom

I have a 69 Beetle. 2180 cc, 44 Webers, CB 5 axis ported heads, 1.4 ratio rockers, Engle cam. It does donuts too.

I'm going to bump this thread as I'm looking at at buying a Tele myself, I've even got full backing from the wife smile

Question is, who makes a good Tele?  I know that Fender and G&L ( dearly like one of their lineup ) produce some good kit, but are there any other makes out there that do the business?

Cheers

just get it. 

It's a Tele...it justifies itself.

Now I work down at the car wash where all it ever does is rain.

'99 Gibson Les Paul Special DC, '99 Epiphone Dot, '06 Norman B50, '03 Yamaha FG-433S, Fender Performer 650

Get the tele,its agreat guitar,look at two players who are great and can afford any guitar bruce springsteen and the great Keith Richards,he plays it most of the time. you can also do some more country music.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

it would be a very nice buy . . . in my opinion go for it .

as i've said before, i have a tele but i always thought it was a very raunchy/rocky-rolly guitar that is one heck of an all-rounder....i guess it does country too.

buy and be damned!

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I don't need convincing smile

I was looking mainly at a G&L ASAT classic, just wondered if there were any other decent makes?

Wakey638 wrote:

I was looking mainly at a G&L ASAT classic, just wondered if there were any other decent makes?

I have a G&L ASAT and just love it! Mine has the chunky neck that I like, but I have big hands. I also have an Fender American Telecaster that's been hotrodded a bit and also has a Bigby Tremelo unit installed.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

35 (edited by Buzzwagon 2010-10-15 07:40:42)

Wakey638 wrote:

The Japanese Tokai's are particularly good and reasonably priced, and while I've never tried one Fenix guitars made by Korean masterbuilder Young Chang are supposed to be superb.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

I just want a telecaster for the sake of buying 1 lol

Is that so wrong?  smile