Robyn, when I looked at your site, I did see links to Chordie as well as well as other useful free sites and commercial sites. I looked again, and you're right, you've done a lot of work linking to free information. So first off, I am sorry for saying "most of the links". That was an unfair statement. You do have commercial sites listed, but no... those are not "most of your links".
Regardless of the content, your link still does fall under "unauthorized advertising" of your own website, and other moderators agree. I understand you are trying to get some helpful information to add to your site, and that is why your post was left here and only the link was removed.
Again, I do think your site could be useful to other members, and you will need to contact the administrator to obtain permission to advertise on Chordie. Yes, that is an authorized advertisement on the side of the page. There are no membership fees to belong to this website and hosting a site such as this is not free, it has to be paid for somehow. Those advertisements are what helps to keep this site going.
If you have any further questions about this, feel free to email me privately or email the website owner admin@chordie.com