WOW! Ok... Jeff... those people are sooo far ahead of me, I'm curious to know if I could ever sound that good! LOL! THAT was AWESOME! I do like the hint about hitting the thumb pick on the string tho... maybe I could do this with my pick while strumming (and maybe a little picking out of the notes... hmmmmm... that's a lot at once, but something to think about).
Wayne... I heard that one... I was thinking more like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0iCy_9HE-o --- which it seems she's palm muting (it took me all day yesterday and half of today to figure this out! LOL! I am soooo new still!)
I love the little ditty you made up for me tho... I was laughing so hard!
I'm thinking more of just a strum... not actually picking. I tend to start a new song with a basic down strum... then move on to something that sounds like a correct strum... then picking... then back to strumming and paying more attention to my chord changes... but this time, I thought this different sound would be better than trying to pick this one out. I like how it sounds "recorded" ... but not so much "live" ... so I'm feelin a bit stuck. But I will try with my pick and just tap my pick... and I'll try actually picking it out a little bit too (why not if I've already got the pick on my thumb! LOL) ... hmmm... so many possibilities!!
... Fluid in my playing style... ahhh... I wish I could figure out WHAT my playing style is. Sometimes I just want to strum... but then I end up wanting MORE... sometimes I just want to pick, but then that feels lacking too... I think I need to find a way to do both at once... but then I also have to switch chords at the same time
ha ha ha... I am a VERY impatient person sometimes. I think that every song I have played, I have done it about 20 different ways. I still diddle around with the song I wrote, playing different strum patterns and picking it out and all that. I'm never overly thrilled w/ what I'm doing.
On a happier note... my brother was over at Christmas, and after everyone went to bed I got the guitar out... he was still up... before you knew it we were singing away along with MY strumming. It felt REALLY GOOD to have someone singing along to my playing with me. What was I doing? Just strumming.
Anyhow... I'll let you all know what I figure out... this will probably be the next one on youtube... it's a song that's very near and dear to my heart. THANKS!!! ![]()