Topic: NGD Woo Hoo

Hi All!!!

I just wanted to rub it in and make everyone jealous. New Guitar Day for me today!!!! My new baby is a Yamaha APX500 flamed maple in the blue burst. It's amazing how diff it sounds, feels, and plays than my Ibanez acoustic. Still have to pick up a few things for it, like an amp.

I spent a good hour and 1/2 at the music store sitting and playing what they had there to see what I liked and what fit me. I actually narrowed it down to 4 choices. I was surprised, seeing as how my budget was limited. My other choices were an Ibanez Aeg10, Ibanez Aeg20 flamed sycamore, and Fender Cd140sce. All of them would have fit me fine, my top 2 were the Yamaha and the Aeg10.

I a looking forward to playing it alot!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: NGD Woo Hoo

Howdy Z,

Nuthin' like a new guitar to put a little spring in your step!  Play it till your fingers bleed....

Just put the finishing touches on one for my long-time jammin' buddy Jeff.  Tiger Maple with a Vintage Honey Fade finish, roller bridge and Bigsby.  Just finished the assembly yesterday evening and it is down at the guitar guru's shop today getting the intonation dialed in.  He's so excited I might just have to drive over to his place in the morning and drag him off the ceiling to go pick it up... then we'll find out if it sounds as good as it looks.  Sadly I won't be playing my creation, as he is a lefty and I can't even zip up with my other hand.  This will be his first solid body electric since he sold his SG back in the late 60s, but with the costs of Gibson Left Handers through the roof (custom shop only) we decided to build rather than buy.

Good choice on your end though, should give you years of service with a little care and lots of play time!

Take Care & Congrats;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Congrats on the NGD zguitar!  Now... a picture of the NG with it's owner is in order I think... or at least the guitar!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

New Guitar day is always exciting, I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Dang! You're increasing my severe withdrawel symptoms of GAS (Guitar Aquisition Syndrome)...have fun playing it! Sounds like a beautiful instrument!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Me likey

Ok, so I found something wrong with my newest additon. The rosette really got in the way of my strumming. I kept hitting it. It was about 1/8" thick and was stuck on with double sided tape. Kind of an after thought if you ask me, but it did look pretty cool. I think it was supposed to be some sort of pick guard also. So now it's just bare but it looks cool. I ordered a sheet of clear 20 mil static cling material that I'm gonna cut a pickguard out of and stick it on.
Here's a pic:

http://images.guitarcenter.com/products … 580551.jpg

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

zguitar, may your pretty Yamaha bring you much happy.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Thanks for sharing the pic zguitar.  It's quite pretty, the blue.  Interesting about the rosette... and ingenious idea for the static material!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.