Hey Rhiannon,
I have always said that James and Helena have a special way with words but you are up there with them. Well done.
Roger
You are not logged in. Please login or register.
Guitar chord forum - chordie → Posts by Roger Guppy
Hey Rhiannon,
I have always said that James and Helena have a special way with words but you are up there with them. Well done.
Roger
Hi Rhiannon,
Beautiful words and Ken' chords work real well with it to make a great song. You had better get on and record it or you might find that Ken has beaten you too it as his aspirations appear to have risen above being just a king
.
Well done to both of you,
Roger
Hi Rebel,
I am with Old Doll on this (it is not safe to argue with a lady anyhow
) that the 'hulling peas' verse does not seem to fit in with the other verses and could easily be the basis for another.
The verse plays great but I also played the thingy different by adding two C chords as below, but as Ken said this is our interpretation of your song and it is how you want it to be that is important.
THE OTHER THINGAMAJIGGER
C G
And we spend our whole lives goin' nowhere
C D
When somewhere's where we wanta be
G
Me I aint lookin' for nuthin
C D G
But i guess nuthin was lookin' for me
Thank you,
Roger
Thanks Ken, I have been telling Helena that she sings great and keep trying to bully her to record more. Perhaps you can help to persuade her.
Thank you also Arkady, I have in fact read all of Asimov and Heilein, most of Arthur C Clarke and a few of Philip K Dick plus the complete Dune saga. I am afraid I get addicted to an author, if I really like his/her work I have to read everything that they have written.
Roger
The observant of you will have noticed Guitardocphil had a new title after his name - Administrator. He is one of the most prolific contributors to the Forum and his prescence in this role will help keep the nasties at bay. I know from a private message to me that as well as being surprised by being asked by Per to take this on he is also very moved and I am sure he will not mind me quoting a few of his remarks from that message here amongst his friends.
"As for me I will stay the old weird gitaardocphil as before. I try always to understand other people"
"I owe a lot to you guys, you gave me a new destination, passion, something to forget my own problems: friendship, and love for music."
"I do hope to be able to give something in return",
"I am honoured, glad and touched in my heart. I repeat, I will not change, because I can't."
Welcome to the ranks of Moderators, Lieven,
Roger
Thank you James, Helena and Rhinnon.
James I have written a little about the authors in the 'Chat' section under the 'UK on a G-String' Thread. I have the Phillip Pullman books and I will look out for Ursula K. LeGuin and Orson Scott Card.
Helena, I know that you are into flower arranging and also you write fantastic lyrics. You are artistic enough to manage wonderfully without the help of Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen.
Rhiannon if you did not notice I have it recorded on my own MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/rogerguppy
I am trying to encourage others to use FoC.
Roger
Following on from my new song "Fantasy" I had better explain the I do read mostly SciFi, SciFan and Thrillers. Fantasy is my favourite grenre but I do have a problem in so much as once I have read a book by an author I like I have to read everything that they have ever written, sad ain't it. Here is a little about the authors that my song is about.
Anne McCaffery an American author who now lives in Ireland has several subjects for her writings but she is probably most famous for her Dragonrider series set on the planet Pern. The dragon riders have telepathic contact with their dragon and periodically, they have to destroy 'Thread' a worm like creature that burns and consumes anything green, making the land unusable. The dragons have the abilty to teleport themselves from one place to another. The sensation for the riders is the cold nothingness of what is called 'Between'.
The late Marion Zimmer Bradley is also American and her most famous series is set on the fourth planet out from the Cottoman sun, Cottoman 1V, more commonly known as Darkover. After an exploritory spaceship crash landed and was lost, the survivors obtained various mind powers which were bred in certain families. It was generations later that they were found and by then the memory of their origins were forgotten, powers were strong and unique society had been formed.
J.R.R.Tolkein an Englishman, needs no introduction as the author of "The Hobbit "and "The Lord Of The Rings".
Roger
Hello Mustang,
Welcome to Chordie. I have to agree with Old Doll that the lyrics are excellent but I also found it impossible to read what is on your MySpace site. However I must say that I was disappointed to find that this is not one of the songs that you have on there. Please let us know when you have it uploaded to MySpace as I am interested in hearing it performed.
Roger
Hi Jeff,
Your choice of chords and the sequence really set the right mood for your lyrics. A wonderful song to play and sing and I look forward to hearing your recording of it sometime. Well done.
Thank you,
Roger
This is my tribute to my favourite authors. Anne McCaffery, Marion Zimmer Bradley and J.R.R. Tolkein.
Recorded on MySpace at: http://www.myspace.com/rogerguppy
Sorry about all the chords but it is an attempt to give the right atmosphere to the song.
Roger
Hi Gr8Desmondo,
I think this may be the same song although it is a different artiste but the chords and lyrics are there.
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.u … ;id=383637
I hope I am right,
Roger
Hi Rebel and Ken,
Well done the pair of you. The collaboration has worked very well to produce a great song and a nice, relaxed performance from you Ken (but you should keep your feet of the settee or Mrs Upyerkilt will bat your tab
)
Thanks to both of you,
Roger
Hi Suz
If you are always losing your picks you can buy a stick-on holder to keep attached to your guitar then you always know where they are.
Roger
Hi Leiven,
Thank you, I really appreciate the messages you have sent me about spam/porn but with SouthPaw (Toney) in American and in a different time zone will mean that the section is monitered for more hours during the day.
In fact thanks to everyone who has put in a spam/porn report it does mean that when we Moderators log in we can see that there is a problem immediately and get straight on to sorting it out.
Roger
Hi Rebel,
You do not need a second guitarist to play the lead part. Record the rhythm to CD, play the CD and the play the lead to it whilst recording both together.
I will go and listen to Ken's recording now.
Roger
Hi Helena,
Lovely song and I must admit I too try to rescue the smallest of creatures that get into difficulty, unfortunately with limited sucess. Well done,
Thank you,
Roger
You will have noticed that SouthPaw is now jointly Moderating this section of the forum.
Unfortunately the Acoustic section seems to be most heavily targeted by the Internet Scum and, as most of the reports were coming in from SouthPaw whist I was getting my beauty sleep, I have asked him to help keep the offenders at bay. Along with James I hope that the three of us will be able to keep the incidence of this crud to a minimum.
So welcome to SouthPaw and good hunting.
Roger
Hi,
I too have seen the screen that Danspr is referring to but I see it so infrequently that it has not been a problem to me.
Roger
Hi,
I too am using IE7 and I have no problem with the printout of American Pie. I have used both the normal print button on the right of the page and the the IE toolbar print button to try to duplicate this error but it was perfect both times.
Roger
Hi GuitarRox.
A fine start to your song but remember we all suffer from mental blocks and every songwriter on this forum will have several unfinished pieces of work.
These can be put aside and looked at again in the future, or maybe a collaboration with a friend will see them finished and sometimes, I am afraid, they do just gather dust. Funnily enough, even starting a completely new song can sometimes give you an idea to finish a earlier unfinished one. So even if you do not finish this one now, keep trying with new ones.
Thank you,
Roger
Guitarpix and Ken are absolutely correct.
I rarely use a pick with an acoustic guitar as you can get so many different sounds by varying the use of your thumb, fingers, nails and flesh. It is also very easy to change from strumming to fingerpicking without having a pick to worry about.
However like anything to do with playing a musical instrument it does take a lot of practice and perseverance, but bear with it as it is worth the effort.
Roger
Hi Jeff,
Always a worry when our children are in the armed forces. Oddly enought there was a TV programme about training Commando's and they reckon that statistically there is more risk going out on a Saturday night than going to the areas of conflict.
I am sure that Tim will be as proud of his dad for writing this as you are of him for serving in the armed forces.
I love the lyrics and the different style of playing but I must admit that I had a little difficulty with the melody so I hope you will record this soon.
Thank you,
Roger
Hi all
A certain charming Irish lady who will remain completely anonymous mentioned to me the other day that Friends of Chordie was rather plain and bland and perhaps I should make it look more attractive with the many tools available for MySpace. Of course my reply was that as I am plain and bland pehaps it suited me but of course it is not for me it is for Chordie members so I have brightened it up somewhat. What do you think? Is it OTT? Have you a better suggestion?
Please have a look and let me know: http://www.myspace.com/friendsofchordie or click the Website under my avatar.
Roger
Just to give an idea 12 of us went out for a meal last week to a local bar. One course only, either 1/2 a chicken or 3 pork chops with as many chips, potatoes, rice and salad as you wanted. All drinks, including several bottles of wine, uncountable bottles of lager plus several shorts to finish the day were in the price - €6.50 per head. Come to think of it there were a lot of sore heads the following day ![]()
Roger
Hey Ken,
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought that the first message was a request for help. Maybe I am poking my nose in when it is not wanted if so, sorry.
Roger
Guitar chord forum - chordie → Posts by Roger Guppy
Powered by PunBB, supported by Informer Technologies, Inc.
if(strstr($_GET['owner'],'@')) return;?>