Thank you James and Ken,
James, I wrote four songs for the love that never was (I hasten to add she has in fact become a good friend). I am working on the other 3 to depersonalise them and will post them here as soon as they are ready. And James I would never describe your songwriting as gravel, I, and I am sure many others, enjoy your contributions - keep them coming. But the big question on everybodies lips is <u>what has happened to Hot Monkey Love ?</u>
In answer to your question about the equipment I use, Ken. I had to rebuild my PC last September and I did go OTT on the soundcard. I bought a Creative X-Fi Platinum which has the big advantage of having a front panel with all the input and output connectors, but I could have probably managed just as well with a cheaper one. James's song and my two songs I created the same way. I used Band-in-a-Box to make the basic backing track and then transferred this to a Tascam 4track Portastudio where I was able then to record a second guitar, oohs, arrs and harmonies on to the track. Then record my voice and playing over this finished backing track. I bought the Potastudio second hand and for little money a few weeks ago and it makes multi track recording easy.
I wonder if you James, or Ken or anyone who is follow this thread has any songwriting projects on the go at the moment that you can tell us about.
Roger