Jeff I love the way you put this together. This song would resonate with many songwriters I am sure this is what happens when many a writer digs into their head with all the material they have in there to paint stories or pictures with their words.
1,127 2021-02-13 05:59:10
Re: A Little Faith (24 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Thanks both. Peatle just comes up with some super words which makes it easy for me to put them in order and fit a tune. He then seems to conjure images from thin air. Happy Valentines to all you young lovers out there, and the not so young...lol
Cheers Phill I am always in awe of your musical talent it has been a privilege to write this song with you and have your recording come out spot on.
Happy Valentines to you and Ann plus all the loving couples out there.
1,128 2021-02-13 05:52:55
Re: A Little Faith (24 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Hey, you two. I love the song and I love the idea. I think everyone in the world can relate, especially people who make music. Well done!
Thank you Jeff
I am pleased how Phill and I were able to get this song together. Without Phill's superb talent this song wouldn't have come together.
1,129 2021-02-13 05:49:16
Re: A Little Faith (24 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Peatle and Phill
Great message - sound is fantastic and the video is spot on!!
Well done gents !!
Jim
Cheers Jim
Phill made a brilliant job with putting the completed song together. His voice and talented musicianship made the video and song work. It has been a privilege to write this song with Phill.
Thank you for your feedback.
1,130 2021-02-13 05:42:09
Re: A Little Faith (24 replies, posted in Songwriting)
great stuff both of you,really enjoyed the vid.
keep them coming,seems very little interest from anyone else on chordie
but dont let that get to you,it is a reflection of others not of you.
it if counts for anything im very interested in listening to new music.
more please!
Interesting insight Easy Beat. Essentially, when I put some music into the public domain here on chordie it's because I am inviting feedback; hopefully constructive feedback at that. Though positive feedback from people on chordie is something that builds my confidence I don't get my self-esteem from it. I think I should maybe fit more of chordie into my internet time and make more comments on other people posts. At the same time, I don't want the internet and social media sites to rule my life. One of the many upsides with chordie is I get to write a song with talented people like Phill which is a real privilege. I am pleased you enjoyed the song thank you for your support.
1,131 2021-02-12 01:51:17
Topic: A Little Faith (24 replies, posted in Songwriting)
This is a song Phill Williams and I wrote about controlling the negative thoughts in your mind. Otherwise, your mind could become like a sewer. I will also attach Phill doing this song he made a real good job of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHV_E75edA
A Little Faith
[G] You got to [D] believe.
[G] Got to have a [C] little faith.
[C] Your letting [G] silly thoughts hold you [D] down.
[G] Your building [D] mountains high.
[G] When there is [C] nothing at all.
[C] Your letting these [G] demons take [D] hold.
[C] Hi, hi, hi, hi. [G] Low, low, low, low.
[D] You got to have a little faith in [G] you.
[C] Hi, hi, hi, hi. [G] Low, low, low, low.
[D] Just to have a little faith in [G] you.
[G] You know that you can [D] do it.
[G] Its all [C] inside your head.
[C] Your the one that [G] builds those [D] barriers.
[G] It’s easy to [D] get it wrong.
[G] If you over [C] think things.
[C] You just got to [G] rid yourself of those [D] demons.
[C] Hi, hi, hi, hi. [G] Low, low, low, low.
[D] You got to have a little faith in [G] you.
[C] Hi, hi, hi, hi. [G] Low, low, low, low.
[D] You got to have a little faith in [G] you.
[Em] You gotta believe and you’ll [D] get there.
[Em] Don’t build the mountain in your [D] head.
[Em] Think of positive thoughts. [D] When you go to bed.
[Am] And you’ll get through. [C] You'll get through. [D]
[Em] I think what you do is you over [D] think things.
[Em] Let the demons take you [D] over.
[Em] Their just thoughts in your [D] head.
[Am] You gotta have faith.
[C] You gotta have faith in [D] you.
You got to think...
[C] Hi, hi, hi, hi. [G] Low, low, low, low.
[D] You got to have a little faith in [G] you.
[C] Hi, hi, hi, hi. [G] Low, low, low, low.
[D] You got to have a little faith in [G] you.
1,132 2021-02-10 08:39:34
Re: Musical Clutter (7 replies, posted in Poems)
Cheers Phill I am not a fan of Seagulls when I am down by the sea having something to eat. They are onto anything food as soon you look away annoying scavengers. Maree wakes up in the morning and wishes the birds would shut up. Me I love the sound of their dawn chorus. We have a brand of beer called Tui or as some people call it Two Eyes. We also have another brand called Lion Brown Beer which some people call Lying Down Beer.
1,133 2021-02-10 08:25:44
Re: Texas Girl - Covered by Phill Williams (1 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Jim and Phill you put together a real good song.
1,134 2021-02-09 05:43:54
Re: Musical Clutter (7 replies, posted in Poems)
Cheers Jim the most prolific birds around my house are Tui birds and also Riroriro known also as Grey Warblers. Tui in the first light of morning love to sing. Tui sing their hearts out most of the day.
1,135 2021-02-08 19:42:40
Re: Musical Clutter (7 replies, posted in Poems)
Cheers Phill Spike Milligan is a favourite of mine he was genius. I don't think I could ever be as clever as him.
Brian you are right the stuff we experience on our not so extraordinary life's can be turned into interesting entertaining stuff if we stand back and think about it. Though I suspect my life observation doesn't always resonate with the good folk of chordie as I can be a bit of beat..
1,136 2021-02-07 21:47:06
Topic: Musical Clutter (7 replies, posted in Poems)
Got up early this morning.
The birds outside were singing.
During all that early time.
They had all the whistle and chirps.
Out here in the suburbs.
While I silently.
Couldn’t find a single word.
Not even a tune.
That would have made me happy.
Even if It sounded absurd.
Things and all my thoughts lost in the obscure.
Lost in a misty cloud above.
Even my guitar.
Couldn’t pull out a word.
I moved onto the piano.
It just sat quietly looking at me.
It didn’t give me pity.
I thought it would at least play me a ditty.
As I gently caressed her keys.
She gave no love back to me.
Oh well.
At least the birds sang to me.
Full of joy.
In their tree sanctuaries.
The rubbish truck pulled up.
With a noisy screech of brakes.
It emptied the bin.
Got rid of our rubbish.
Helping clearing the clutter in my head.
That’s when I thought of something.
Finally I was feeling the joy.
Making a tune.
She who must be obeyed.
Yelled stop making that noise.
1,137 2021-02-06 19:51:44
Re: Soundcloud - Girls From Texas (2 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Jim your singing and guitar playing is better than what I do. You got a great sort of Bob Dylan way of doing music.
1,138 2021-01-25 07:57:07
Re: The Wind demo (3 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Grah polý kalá. Good to hear you putting out some more music. My Maree is Greek and sometimes it is hard for her to translate Greek songs into English for me because of the way Greeks put sentences together. Greek words don't necessarily have a direct English translation.
1,139 2021-01-24 20:32:33
Re: Easybeats song in video (2 replies, posted in My local band and me)
If anyone is reading this I would love to see some more comments posted on here about this one as I think Brian and Phill have made a first class song track.
1,140 2021-01-22 23:11:21
Re: Easybeats song in video (2 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Phill and Brian that is a world class song well written by Brian and a brilliant rendition by Phill.
1,141 2021-01-22 19:41:41
Re: Washing day (4 replies, posted in Poems)
Phill that is a good poem short and sweet it flows and is straight to the point. It is early Saturday morning here in NZ and like you I find the morning is a good time for me when I am the only one up and about. Since we retired Maree doesn't. surface until about nine. Back when I was working she use to be up at about 5 , 30 am. Though nowadays she quiet often stays up until 2am. I like to hit the sack before midnight. I write most of my stuff on the fly and mornings are mostly when I will put it all together things from days before that have caught my attention. Nowadays instead of writing stuff down with pen and paper when I am out I will quickly record my my thoughts using the voice recorder on my smart dog and bone (phone).
1,142 2021-01-22 19:32:03
Re: Nothing Flash (4 replies, posted in Poems)
I love it Pete. You come up with some quirky stuff that everyone can identify to. I hate the plastic Pam's my self, if it ain't natural it ain't real!
Cheers Phill I am not sure if my of beat way of looking at things in words works or is relatable to many. I guess that is what writing is about being true to yourself. Like you Phill plastic fantastique's don't do it for me.
Brian thank you for taking the time to read this and make a comment. Keep true to your quirkiness'.
1,143 2021-01-21 07:20:57
Topic: Nothing Flash (4 replies, posted in Poems)
I think this poem explains itself ?
Nothing Flash
I don’t want to spend my life running around like a headless chicken.
Don’t want to chase the wind.
I don’t want a lot.
I’m happy with what I’ve got.
I’m happy with what I’ve got.
I said I don’t want one of those disposable wives.
You know those sort that go to plastic surgeons.
And they will cut them up to make them brand new.
I want a lady that loves me for what I am.
And can grow old naturally.
I don’t want nothing flash.
I don’t need a lot of cash.
Just a little stash just in case.
But I don’t buy flash things.
I don’t want to be seen in all those flash places.
Where everyone wears a lot of bling.
Possessions don’t mean a lot.
Love means more to me.
And someone who genuinely wants to be next to me.
Don’t want to run around like a headless chicken.
Don’t want to chase the wind.
Just want to be happy where I am.
Where I am.
I don’t need a flash car.
I just want to get to A to B.
And I want to see things like the mountains and the sea.
I don’t care about diamonds and gold.
As long as you aint cold.
I want someone warm and loving next to me.
I want someone warm and loving next to me.
1,144 2021-01-18 19:48:50
Re: Frances (4 replies, posted in Poems)
Thank you Brian. Phill and Jim for taking time to read and your kind comments. I needed to write my thoughts down as Maree and I were in a state of shock when I wrote it.
I haven't heard from Bill for months he has stopped replying to my emails and also hasn't posted on his blog since June. I will attach an abridged part of his last blog on where to now bud as I think it was cleverly written.
June 30, 2020
Hello again from Bill Graig,
(psssst! remember to scroll down and click "Read More" to see the whole entry. Thanks!
Say you have a friend, and you and that friend forged that bond called "Friendship"
You're "Buds", "Homies", "Pals" - Maybe you never call each other that to your faces. You don't need to, do ya? It's just there, right?
Right. It's there. Just a-hangin' in the air. No worries, no cares, 'cause your bud's right there.
Bill Craig
Poets, songwriters can use the above for free. It's some of my best rhymin'.
Did I make my point about the "great forge of the bond"?
One day you find out your friend's going to be leaving - to move far away. You have a little time to get used to it, so you use that time to fill up your head with the memories, the kindnesses, the laughs and the good times. Storing it up, because it might be a long time before you see each other again. A "long time" when you're 70, ain't that long, and you can quote me on that!
So the "Day" finally gets here, and you're dreading the saying goodbye part, practicing your lines; you know, all that stuff that gets said, all the well-meaning "lies" which get told: "I'll call you", "We'll get together for sure" etc. etc.
Ready? Ready!
You're standing at your window, because you want to make sure it's the right time to come out and do that huggin' slap on the shoulder thing (all the time keeping in mind there's a virus out to kill you both, of course).
But.
And y'all could see that "but" coming a mile away, right? That "but" has one o' them "Back-up Beepers", but... ........
......
Your friend's car pulling out of the drive.
Huh?
Yep, and you, you dumb ass, you go running after, thinking "Surely my Buddy didn't mean to forget!", but back in what you call your "mind" you know that "Somethin' ain't right between Bugscuffle and Dot".
How does that make you feel? How does that make you feel about this little "scenario", friends and neighbors?
Angry? Well, sure. We're talking about some serious time invested in this little "deal"!
What's that? - "How does that make me feel?"
Weeeelllll, I'll tell ya'. I ain't worked it all through yet, but damn' I got some good ol' adrenaline goin' with that temper of mine (hadn't had me a tantrum in a while - me being a gentle soul and all) and I started with that. Grrrrrrr!
But maybe, just maybe.......I imagined it all. That friendship, I mean. Maybe It wadn't one o' them BFF's I keep hearin' about, but maybe just an "SBF"? (Okay. It means "Single Best Friend"
Bill Graig
1,145 2021-01-18 19:34:07
Re: MISSISSIPPI 1955 - A song about racial inequality (5 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Ken now I have heard you perform your song it is definitely up there with the folk songs that need to be sung in order to keep people aware of injustice.
1,146 2021-01-18 19:30:31
Re: Play the pipes out loud and bring peace (5 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Trev that has to be a film theme I think you nailed it.
1,147 2021-01-18 04:21:52
Topic: Frances (4 replies, posted in Poems)
I wrote this about our friend who we just found out had passed away.
Frances
When I was a foreigner in your land.
You treated us like family.
Now here I am feeling devastated.
Nearly in Tears.
For nearly Forty years.
You have been our friend.
Even though we lived in different parts.
You became part of our family’s heart.
Never losing contact.
Even when we came back here.
It always felt like you were near.
Every Christmas and Birthday.
Your cards would come.
Written by hand.
Never missing a beat.
Every year on repeat.
It was lovely it was sweet.
For four months now not a word.
Nothing at Christmas.
Nothing on birthday.
I thought maybe your cards had gone astray.
Or maybe you had gone away.
It now has come as a devastating shock.
You were no longer living on the same block.
When I typed your name into the internet
I found out you had gone.
You had left us four months ago.
With no one to let us know.
In a sad internet notice to the world.
From a lawyer it said.
You lived alone and had no known close family.
All those good friends.
Living near.
Who you treated like family dear.
Had already passed away.
All that remained close were your pets.
The cats the dogs the birds that you loved until your death.
Now needing a new home.
Lawyers arranged for you to be taken to a crematorium.
The funeral directors notice.
Short and sweet.
Name
Date of birth and death.
No family mention just a line saying you loved your pets.
We didn’t know you had gone too soon.
Thinking you were there.
We had sent you letter and cards.
In the old fashion way that appealed to you.
Something that not many people do today.
But specially for you we kept it that way.
With return address on the back just in case they couldn’t get through.
Nothing came back.
No return to sender.
In those words of Elvis that people knew.
It was only now we know.
In this hour.
Looking at your name on google.
We know that it was four months ago.
When you had to go.
It feels even sadder.
To have Mr and Mrs Google inform us of your death.
1,148 2021-01-18 04:15:55
Re: MISSISSIPPI 1955 - A song about racial inequality (5 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Another great song Ken with a look at the sad way people have treated each other. I hope things have improved since the time in history your song writes about.
1,149 2021-01-17 20:11:24
Re: Prince Edward Island (6 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Jim, I have never been to Prince Edward Island I just read it being described as a land cradled in the waves. I also see another one of its informal names is "Garden of the Gulf", referring to the pastoral scenery and lush agricultural lands. Prince Edward Island geography looking at it on the internet, has an evocative romance of its own in the same way your song of lost love, brings that out the romance of that place. I was thinking it is most probably somewhere on the same coast of Canada where some legends of Chordie live, Tenement Funster and Bad Eye our Nova Scotia representatives. Excellent lyric writing Jim..
1,150 2021-01-16 22:05:30
Re: Play the pipes out loud and bring peace (8 replies, posted in Songwriting)
I can imagine a Scottish man wearing his Kilt singing that. Excellent lyrics so far ctech.