Topic: Pat Balloon

Well, I recorded my first song via the wonders of GarageBand (which is actually pretty good I've discovered).

It's not me singing, I don't think ears would survive!

Anyway, here's the link :

http://www.myspace.com/paintedwaves

Hope you like it!

I wrote it, and I'm playing the acoustic. It's my friend Gregory on the vocals, and he's also strumming a semi-acoustic, same chords, but different versions.

There is also a (very) bad video of us covering kids by MGMT

smile

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!

Re: Pat Balloon

Props man! I really enjoyed that cover. I saw MGMT this past summer at an open air festival called Osheaga that's held in Montreal, Canada. This song brings back good memories. Thanks for sharing smile

hi apedoctor cool tune there lads,gregorys guitar is the type i'm after but in flame red and yellow,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Apedoc,

Is it meant to be only a minute long?
I dont know the original but I do like the strumming and the singing.
Now I think you two should sit down and write a song. It sounds like you can play and yer mate can sing, works well together.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hey. The song Pat Balloon, I wrote myself smile  (Thats the one on myspace that plays automatically)

Its only a work in progress, so yeah its capped at a minute at the moment! We have some more verses etc written, but have not got a round to recording the whole lot yet!

Thnaks for the comments.

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!

ahhh, Ye see when MrJAy said he liked that cover, I thought it was a cover of someone elses,lol.

Then very well done indeed, I like it.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Oh yea... I was talking about the video on the same page. Saw MGMT mentioned and got sidetracked... my bad. The original is nice too by the way.