Topic: Govi - Havana Sunset

Hey Chordians,

I was wondering if any of you had any resources available for tablature from Govi. I've been trying out some spanish guitar and I'd really like to find a version of Havana Sunset.

Thanks in advance

Re: Govi - Havana Sunset

Hey Mrjay,

If you find any Govi tabs..... Pleeease share!  I have been searching myself off and on for a couple years now and it is like nobody knows his music!?!
Haven't even seen any published scores for sale!  Ottmar Liebert is another "hard to find".  All great music but closely held it seems.

Sorry my ear is not good enough to tab things out, but good hunting.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hi Doug,

If I find anything, I'll be sure to share a link. Like you, I haven't had any luck as of yet. No tabs on the net and none in stores either (so far). The best I found was a video of someone playing a song on youtube. I asked him for tabs as well but he said he learned it by ear.

I'll be sure to check out Ottmar Liebert as well.

hi , i meet the same problem, and i give search for the tab.

but, i try a new way to make me hear the song note clealy and reapeatly .

if you have a pro mp3 edit soft,like cool edit. which has a long range song progress bar, and ealy to make you hear every song note clearly. and i am sure you will got the song in this way.

god , the song is so good,but nearly two year noone make the tab.

Few years ago I wrote to Govi and asked about the score for Havana Sunset. He responded that the score has never been produced and is not available anywhere. He also wrote that he played the chords and then improvised the melody. It is impossible to play it on a single guitar. You can read our correspondence in my post at livejournal: http://sib-writer.livejournal.com/3773.html
Concerning the score - me and my wife are going to create an arrangement for two guitars. This music really deserves it. As soon as we are finished, I will share the score. Govi seems to appreciate that people are interested in his music.