Topic: trouble getting timeing for cord strumming

I have been playing for a while now and lead guitar like apache from the shadows and other of there stuff i can play fine but not realy anygood at strumming cords any tips to improve the situation.

Re: trouble getting timeing for cord strumming

Hi,
you dont say if you can hold a chord with your fingers or no.
If you cant then keep practicing the chords, your fingers will soon learn to go into a shape that presses the correct strings down.

If you can hold the chords down ok and it is only the strumming then try different plectrums or try no plectrum. Try all sorts from very soft to hard.

If it is timing with strumming then I would suggest you play along to some easy tunes like knocking on heavens door etc, a few 3 to 4 chord wonders,. try tapping your foot for timing or one of those things I just cannot remember the name of but they should be hanging from a clock like a pendulum going tick tock.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Get yourself a metronome and practice strumming to it!  You can start doing half and quarter note strumming, which would greatly enhance your timing. 

bsia9259dj/pd wrote:

I have been playing for a while now and lead guitar like apache from the shadows and other of there stuff i can play fine but not realy anygood at strumming cords any tips to improve the situation.

i know what you mean, and i used to have same trouble smile
but really, practice makes it perfect.
i'm sure there are short cuts, but it'll br faster to just practice and learn, rather than spending so much time looking for a short cut.