Topic: My Partner Body and Soul

Just a little song I wrote for my wife. It will be 25 years we since we got married back on the 6th of September, 1982. More sappy stuff from me so sorry for those of you who don't like that kind of music but what can I say. Anyway I hope you all like it.

My Partner Body and Soul By Jeff Gilpin

August 28th, 2007

Intro

[G] [D] [A] [D] [G] [D] [A] [G] [D] [A] [D] [F#] [A] [A7]

Verse 1

I’ll [D]never go a[A]way for long

And I’ll [G]always come right [A]back

For [D]when I’m far a[A]way from you

There’s [G]something that I [A]lack

It’s [F#]like I’m missing [G]part of me

I’m like [F#]something that’s not [G]whole

That [D]drives me back to [A]you again

To my [G]partner [A]body and [D]soul

Verse 2

When [D]first we met I was [A]drifting

Like a [G]ship with no rudder or [A]sail

We [D]braved those waters [A]fearlessly

And now that [G]calmer winds pre[A]vail

We’re [F#]heading to un[G]charted waters

[F#]Ready for whatever may [G]come

On our [D]journey started [A]long ago

That has [G]only [A]just be[D]gun

Bridge

[G]Many years of just [D]getting by

That we [A]laugh at now looking [D]back

We [G]kept our sense of [D]humor all the [A]way

It’s [G]true we shed a [D]tear or two

Yet kept our [A]sanity in[D]tact

So [F#]here we are today and we’re [A]doing o[A7]kay

Music only

[D] [A] [G] [A] [D] [A] [G] [A] [F#] [G] [F#] [G] [D] [A] [G] [A] [D]

Verse 3

So a [D]quarter century’s [A]passed

Since [G]first we said our [A]vows

That [D]bound us to one a[A]nother

But I [G]look at you even [A]now

And I’m [F#]humbled that you [G]found me

And that you [F#]let me find you [G]too

So [D]I’d be honored if you [A]let me spend

The [G]rest of my [A]life with [G]you[A] [D]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: My Partner Body and Soul

Jets,
That is the sweetest most honest song for your wife!  Your an absolute Darlin.

How kind of you to share my birthday 6th September and your 25th Wedding Anniversary! Great Planning Lol.  Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!

Now Jets anyone who does not like romance is a "SAP Head"

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi jets thats a lovely song for your wife ,we've just clocked 33 a week ago ,is'nt it nice to still be in love after all these years...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hey Oll Doll - Thanks, it is a great day that holds a lot of memories.
Hey Daddy - Thanks, it is nice. It's really nice now. We have a great relationship.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

A lovely love song Jets. Hope you guys have a great day.
Congrats/

...Badeye.

one caper after another

6 (edited by arkady 2007-08-29 17:30:06)

Hi jeff
You clearly are an old romantic.:)

Regards

Ark

Jets,
That's really a great song. I've been married for three years. I'm not a romantic, and I'm not really sure what my wife ever found in me. My life has always been filled with violence. When I first met my wife she was the one that asked me out. She asked me out, but I was the one that asked her to marry me. She was insecure about the marriage, since she had been married twice before. I told her that I'd never been married before and I knew that she was the one for me. God sent her into my life. She was my gift from God. As the months pasted by, she finally said yes and we were married on August 23rd., The day after my birthday. We still have our ups and downs, but I believe that we are together because we were ment to be. I look forward to being married for as long as you have. The married life has changed me in many ways, of course I don't have to tell you that.
Congrats to you and your significant other on all your years together.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
Ark - Yes I am but most songwriters are romatics don't you think?
Eagleeye - I wasn't a much of anything other than fun loving until I met my wife. She gave me direction, support, and love which is sometimes not so easy over 25 years of marriage. I was lucky and it looks like you are lucky as well. I hope you and your wife have a wonderful marriage. Just don't forget to laugh a lot and forgive when you need to and you'll both do fine.

J  E  T  S

Jets,
Thanks, my wife trys to teach me to laugh, she trys to teach me a lot of things. Me and my wife are a hundred percent opposites. I don't think I could live in and out everyday with someone like me, but to be around those like me every now and again is to be (comfortably numb).
isery loves company. The only thing I'd ever done in my life that had any kind of compassion was when I'd worked toys-for-tots, and that was many years ago. My wife teaches me to laugh, to have compassion and understanding, she teaches me to cry, and so on and so forth. Before my wife came into my life, I could look at death, pain, destruction and the other negatives in life without it bothering me, but now my life has changed considerably. My attitude used to be " I don't need no woman to ruin my life, I can do that all on my on.", but now I'm better off for being married.
My wife is very insecure about the marriage and I'm very confident. She lived a life of having someone else and having a ruined life and I lived a carefree, carless life and having noone. Life for us both has definitely changed.
Life is definitely different.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Hi Jeff
I've been thinking about what you wrote about being romantic if you write songs.
I'm not sure it's an essential quality. My wife would probally not class me as a romantic and she would be right.
I feel somewhat uncomfotable with overt sentimentality.
I know it works for some and I'm not decrying it at all. It's just not me.
Maybe that's the reason I can't write a decent love song. smile

Regards

Ark

Eagleeye5851,

This post is full of compassion! for loss and found! As you are on the Cusp birthday wise. As a Leo your a fire sign,  Fire signs are very sensitive People but very loving when they meet someone they connect with! On the Cusp you would also have Earth qualities,deep down  wanting  security!
My Son is also the 22nd August. AS his Mother i can read him like a book! Thats all it takes, someone to understand you and love you for what you are!
So Good luck to you and your Gem! Let the past go it cannot be undone!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !