Topic: New guitar. I need a name!!! :)

Finally got around too buying myself a half decent acoustic. Ended up with a Simon & Patrick Woodland Cedar ( a lovely mellow sound)........after annoying the shop help with my insistence on faffing around with high end Martins, Taylors and Collings before announcing I couldn't afford 'em anyway! lol. Well, it's probably the only chance I'll get to play one of 'em. smile
Ok, shes maybe not the greatest guitar ever built.......but I fink I'm in lurve with her!! lol

Now I need to find a name for this particularly lovely edition to my guitar family. My Strat is PJ, and my other acoustic is Amy......but what to call my new un????
At the mo, Katy is high on the agenda, after KT Tunstall.

Do any chordians have a suggestion for a good guitar name for my little baby??

Anyhoo, I'm off to smother her with chord shaped love and scale shaped affection. smile

Aint it funny how a guitar can make a big tough Scotsman go all weak at the knees and gooey inside?? lol

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Re: New guitar. I need a name!!! :)

Please forgive me but Simon & Patrick always seems like some confession written on a toilet wall. Only kidding.

My brother-in-law has one of these. Very nice.

Name? No idea.   lol

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hi Moddish,
After reading your post. your guitars are so a part of you, this was the
first word came to mind.

Triskele.. Meaning!
3 spirals, or arms or legs radiating from the centre. 2 being your Arms
and the central point being your new Arm and love! " Guitar"
Just a suggestion. Enjoy the instrument whatever its called..

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

how about anabelle

what a long strange trip it's been

How about AMY after Amy Sky.

Have a listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4xi_wy13Yc

or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu4h_LFH … mp;search=

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Paddy Jacks,

My old friend ! Fáilte to you.

Well are you still picking or PLECTRUMMING? TEE HEE.

Quick Hello, off out tonight. No dancing though, because i hurt my
"IlIac Sacrum" isnt those 2 words just the best way to  describe me?  No! ah your right there PJ, everyone has them. Better known as a Pain in the A++.

Have a good evening young man.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I suggest MODTAR (if you change places: D on the R, and R on the D place) you have MOTARD, French for a biker.
A give my Gibson's the same name, a GIBBY.
My Martin's: they are baptised in MARTINE, or MARTINI's
PRS: "Essies" my daughter's name is ESTHER, she's almost 20, I used to say a lot ESSIE, or S. 
I can not believe that she is already 20 years. She is a "natural beauty", they asked her almost every week to become a model, but refused, except for one time, 3 years ago. Typical "parents" attitude, the "WHY DID SHE REFUSE" I didn't like it, she is so talented, and after a few weeks, I respected her reaction.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

LOL Modtar. Cheers Doc, I like that way that one works. Maybe I'll just call my small collection my Modtars collectively. lol smile

I already have an Amy, Roger. Nice suggestion though.
Annabelle doesn't work for me unfortunately Patrick, but thanx for the suggestion.
Triskele works for me, an unusual name,a nice talking point as well when someone asks about the name. So it's now between Old Dolls Triskele and Katy.

Methinks I'll need to play her for a few hours again today and decide if she sounds more like a Katy or a Triskele. smile  Thats gonna be a fun decision to make, smile woohoo! 

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Moddish, 7 years ago, I had a Mahogany Martin with a beautiful soft and sweet tone, I had also a HD-28, that one blows you away. The 28 was Martin, the other Martine, because it was a SHE.
Check it inside your guitar, if you don't see a p**, it has to be a she.
Hahahahahahaha

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Names must be earned.  Give it a while. 
I have named only one of my instruments - and it was actually named for me.  When I bought my first bass, it had the word "Whizbang" painted on the back.  Though my big Ovation Magnum is slowly earning the name "Thumper".  I've only had it for fifteen years, so there's no rush. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Moddish, I have the very same guitar!  Had her 5 years, and I've had naming her too.  With the tone, and the fact that she's soft....the wood will show everything...she wants to be named Molly--it just fits.  But the problem is, my daughters best friends name is Molly, and if they found out I named my guitar Molly...well it could be considered wierd.  So I guess her name is molly....but it's a secret.

After reading Frankster's posts, I'm thinking that my new Yamaha may need a name.  I kind of liked his line of thinking.  Now my Yamaha - she likes to be played rough and tickled both.  So she needs something rough and tumble.  She sounds good with Country songs and the faster the finger picking the better - so something a little hillbilly is in order.  I guess I've got me a hillbilly tomboy guitar.  Trixie?  No.  Bobbi?  Yeah.  That kind of works.  Maybe Bobbi-Jo.  Nah.  I like Bobbi better.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Bobbi is a good name....wasn't one of the Hee-Haw girls named Bobbi?....no, Barbie--Barbie Benton...man, there's a name from the past.
Just so you know, this line of thought took me to a "hee haw girls" google search--to find NAMES of course, not pictures.  No good possibilities...one of the girls was named Mackenzie--good name, but I don't know if it works for a guitar...

Word game: GIBSON BURNS my FENDER played BY MARTIN'S TAYLOR while they gave him not only an APPLAUSE, but a standing OVATION, all under the eyes of Juan IBANEZ, and the Japanese man TAKAMINE san and in SIMON & PATRICK's bar. They all left on their YAMAHA motorbikewith their BOSS, DEAN MARSHALL.
WHO CAN DO BETTER????