Topic: TOP 10 BEGINNER ACOUSTIC GUITARS

You can find a lot of information on the internet, but I hope that this topic might help in your search.
Where it was possible I wrote the retail price.
1) Seagull S6 is considered as a very good guitar to start, even to continue, or performing.
2) Yamaha F-310
3) Takamine  G-240, discontinued I saw, but high rated by customers and instrument for the serious student or hobbyist. There is still another Takamine (in fact there are a lot) a G-320 $289.00
4) Fender DG-7, also discontinued, but I think that the DG-8, is very close to it: $199.95 and list: $349.99
5) Epiphone DR-100 List Price: $165.00
6)Washburn D10S List Price: $429.90, and a comment that this is probably the best selling acoustic
7) Blueridge BR-40 List Price: $595.00 and can't be a bad guitar, you read more and more about BLUERIDGE
8)Ibanez AC100NT
9) Baby Taylor List Price: $398.00
10)Martin LXM List Price: $399.00

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: TOP 10 BEGINNER ACOUSTIC GUITARS

My Yamaha is very similar to the F-310.  Not the best guitar you'll find, but surely good enough to learn on. 

Good list.  Were it me, though, I'd keep it under $200 on a beginner's acoustic until I was sure I was going to stick with it.  Once sticking with it, I'd spend more.  I'm in that mode now, but I've still got some canoes and kayaks to buy...

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I would look at the Crafter range - they mostly have solid spruce tops and nice hardwoods in the body - the pickups are good to. I don't care if its a Martin - I ain't subscribing to buying a guitar made out of the same stuff as a flat pack wardrobe.

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

4 (edited by texan4ut 2008-01-06 00:35:08)

I found that same list before I bought a new guitar. I am a beginner less than two months at it. I bought a new Seagull S6 I found it for $299.00 + tax.  I love it so far and those more experienced players whom have played it say it is a great guitar with great sound.  Just thought I would let you know.

Learning to play the guitar is easy. Converting that knowlege to sound like music is hard!

staggs are cheap and get the job done

I'm a man of infinity

My first acoustic was an Ibanez Talman which was nice ... I tried the Takamine G series and was instantly sold on it ... absolutely love it

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

The best I found that is about 200.00 is the Walden D550!  It is really smooth and allows the sounds to ring true! I sold my Fender DG8 when I played this one.

My first acoustic guitar was a YAMAHA FG-300. It's almost like a HUMMINGBIRD, some of the knobs to tune need to be replaced, I have a 4 string now, and THAT Yamaha is a damned good instrument.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]