Topic: Schechter Guitars

Anyone have any opinions on Schechter guitars?

I've heard good things recently on the grapevine and noticed recently that the guys from Avenged Sevenfold are now using them. Half tempted to invest as i'm after something new, getting sick of the same tone over and over from my Les Paul and SG so i'm after something a bit different.

Any input is appreciated

Re: Schechter Guitars

Same tone? No problem just add a pedal.

Oh and have you tried that knob, you know the one marked 'tone'? ;-)

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Schecter guitars are divine.

After I got a Schecter 3 years ago, my other guitars have been neglected. Their necks are magnificent, their tone is outstanding (mine has seymour duncan pickups), and you can't get a better guitar for the money. Go play one and you'll understand! Schecter guitars are amazing!

Electric:  Schecter C-1, Hot-rodded strat
Acoustic: Ovation Celebrity Deluxe, Epiphone

Keep on rockin' in the free world!

4 (edited by Tim0473 2008-01-24 17:10:02)

shredfiend wrote:

Schecter guitars are divine.

After I got a Schecter 3 years ago, my other guitars have been neglected. Their necks are magnificent, their tone is outstanding (mine has seymour duncan pickups), and you can't get a better guitar for the money. Go play one and you'll understand! Schecter guitars are amazing!

I agree Shred ... I bought my Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR about 4 months ago and absolutely love it ... mine has the stock EMG pickups, and they sound awesome ... the action on the neck is very fast and the quality in deep tones is amazing ...

If you're into the deep metal sounds and undertones then you'll love the Schecter Diamond series ... honestly I use my Hellraiser more than I use my Les Paul Studio ... I paid $699 for the Schecter but it was worth it ... you're getting ALOT of guitar for the price!

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Hmmm...I detect the early symptoms of GAS! Gear Aquisition Syndrom! Very addictive! As a non-recovering addict I can attest that I too have been curious about the Schecters...I've never owned or played one but perhaps some day.

Tired of the same old tone? As suggested by others...tweak the tone knob a bit, get a pedal or maybe a half dozen...check out Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio (and many others) for some different pickups that'll pop right into your Les Paul or SG and completely change their personality...

Let us know how your soon to be aquired Schecter works out for ya!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

cheers, i've already switched my pickups and used various different stomp boxes and distortion pedals as well as tweaking with the tone knobs. Just getting a little 'used to' the sounds of the les paul and sg now, need something to "shock the system" ya know?? lol

Hence me thinking that a change to the guitar design and style might reignite the guitar fire within me. Schecter only sprung to mind as i've heard good things recently and its a bit more "hardcore" than guitars i've gone for in the past.

The other guitars I was thinking about (in a non-sexual way....ok maybe slightly sexual!) were the PRS Custom 22, Jackson Randy Rhoads, Peavey Rotor Ex, Dean Razorback, ESP Ltd Alexi 200 BK and i've recently seen an Epiphone Flying V Korona 1958 which is looking a little tasty to me. Too many choices and not enough money to spunk on them all sad

If i was a bass guitar player this would be so much easier, buy the one fooking flea plays for RHCP!!

The rhythm guitarist in my band plays a Schecter, it plays like a dream, and it's good for any style of music...

Wibble

You wont be disappointed with the Schecter ... TRUST ME ... and when you hear it plugged into a Mesa Boogie 5:50 ... let's just say that's my next purchase to really make my Hellraiser come alive!

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75