Topic: Riff Suggestions

Hello all, i'm a relatively new guitar player (Picked mine up only a year ago) and i've never taken any lessons or anything. Completely self taught but i've been thinking of different silly little riffs here and there and wrote down one in particular i liked the sound of one. Problem is, my ear not being trained or anything i'm not sure where to take it from where it is so i thought i'd throw it open to you good people to suggest the next direction.

Now personally I see this little riff more as a Verse section, what i'm needing is a suggestion for Pre-chorus or chorus.

Key
-------------

* = Palm mute
/// = Let note ring

e|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G|---------------------------2--2-2--2--2-2--2--2--2--2-2--2--2-2--2--2---------------
D|--2--2-2--2--2-2--2--2--4--4-4--4--4-4--4--4--2--2-2--2--2-2--2--2--2///-2-2///
A|--2--2-2--2--2-2--2--2--4--4-4--4--4-4--4--4--0--0-0--0--0-0--0--0--2///-2-2///
E|--0--0-0--0--0-0--0--0----------------------------------------------------0///-0-0///
          * *       * *       *       * *       * *       *      * *        * *      *          *

Any suggestions would be welcome, its getting on my nerves i've had it written on a sheet of paper for the last 8 weeks and gone nowhere with it.

Currently i'm playing through an Epiphone Les Paul Std on the Treble Pickup.

Amp is an Orange Crush 30R and the settings are:

Reverb - 3
Bass - 7
Mid - 5
Treble - 8
Overdrive - 9
Gain - 6

In case anyone is wondering what its sounding like to myself. There's no pedals or pre-amp effects at present though. The overdrive and Gain are built in so any suggestions of anything that may improve the sound let me know too.

Cheers everyone who replies.

Wibble