Topic: what do you think about this?

I found by coincidence a big CHINESE site with tons of different guitars.
What is your opinion about these guitars, they look great, I don't know if they sound great or if the price is high, neither if these guitars are legal or not.
LINK
http://yiqunmusic.en.alibaba.com/produc … UITAR.html

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: what do you think about this?

Some of the Chinese products I've seen and played at guitars shows are really nice instruments...sound good, well built, and nice fit and finish. Many of the imports from Epiphone, Fender, and others are made in China. I do have a real problem with guitars labeled as a Gibson USA or PRS USA being built in China and marketed over EBAY or sold as the genuine article. Lots of these counterfiet instruments being sold these days...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

For 30-40% of the price, do you guys think they're worth considering. I don't give a crap what the headstock says so long as it plays nice. I'm not a performer so looks/finish doesn't matter either.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

The Chinese, Mexicans, and others are often just as skilled as any other workers...if given quality products to build with then they can build some amazing guitars...or cars, etc..  I prefer to buy American products, but if the item is legitimately imported and priced right then no reason that I can see not to buy and enjoy it...

I know a few who will buy the look alike guitars and then do custom painting and stuff to create unusual customs...but they don't try to pass them off as a Gibson, Fender, etc..

To directly answer your question then ... sure they are worth considering...a $200.00 Quality Chinese made instrument or a $2000.00 Quality American made? Yes, I've got some guitar snob in me but I think that I can admit in a blind test in a dark room with qualify amp I probably couldn't tell the difference in many cases...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

In the summer of 2006 it was a real PLAGUE.
I believe I know correct sellers. I live in Europe, and Gibson and Fender are a lot more expensive here.
I bought a "Chinese Gibson" aware that it was a Chinese. Price = 10$ + transport 200$. I had that guitar for only 3 weeks because a former patient who visited me WANTED that guitar. He had only a low budget but he insisted so hard even after telling him 50 times that it was a Chinese. HE WANTED THAT GUITAR, and WHY? Because there was written GIBSON on the headstock.
He is still happy, he had a pair of EMG'S and replaced the originals. I didn't recognize that THIS WAS THAT CHINESE GIBSON I HAD BOUGHT. She played real great.
Are there today still "Chinese Guitars on the web, like on www.ebay.com?
In Europe: the only MAJOR BRAND is DUESENBERG made in Germany.
That guitar is relative unknown in the USA because Duesenberg USA started only in 2004.
This brand is the only brand that is more expensive in the USA than Europe and I think that this brand will be soon "the surprise of the year." It has it all, ART - DECO looks, versatility and a superb tone.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

just checked out that site. Most of those are "knock offs", although there were afew that had major names on the headstocks. I would say that these are probably decent guitars,but I would expect them to be of a fairly low quality. If anybody decides to buy one of these,post a review and let us know how it is. Just remember, a $60 - $100.00 axe is usually just that

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Like many Japanese manufacturers, most of those Chinese LPs are made with basswood which is a lighter wood and does not sustain like a classic mahogany.  Purists dismiss the sound as inferior.

That's alright, I got my guitar
-Jimi Hendrix

I like the idea of being able too buy something off the web cheaper,and china ,japan no dought have some decent products out there.I draw the line at buying a guitar on the web,because I want too feel and check out the item too make sure I like it from all aspects.       dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

BOOTLEGER WHERE ARE YOU?
He is "the man" who is very very good in all what a guitar should be.
Probably there are still other "chordians", able to make an identical copy of a guitar, but that guitar can sound different because of the woods they use
Mahogany from 1970 will probably sound different than mahogany from 2005. But let's talk about the guitarparts.
The wood, if you are equipped you can cut the top out of a piece of wood. What else do you need?
The neck, really good frets, the right distance, tuners on the headstock which leaves us with the pick-ups, and of course the winding. If you have the skill to analyze a fender single coil, you can make one. These guys have a kind of instrument to check the output.
I really am afraid that due to these Chinese guitars you can buy a Squier, you change the headstock or neck and you use a real Fender neck, or just the headstock, let's say, a beautiful blue squier stratocaster, you change the neck (a lot of neck, headstock WITH Fender Stratocaster USA on it) on ebay. You buy tuners, and once this is done you have a blue real stratocaster BUT STILL A SQUIER for 300$.
I found this "new scamming" somewhere on the net, but I don't know where, and if you sell it the question is HOW MANY PEOPLE will analyze there "great almighty Fender?"Not many buyers.
I HATE SCAM.
Sometimes you can't see the difference between fake and real. I've got a ROLEX from TURKEY, it was a heavy watch. Those scammers buy a real Rolex, they analyze it and in very low cost countries like China they make the inner side of that watch almost identical.
Chinese workers are very hard working people and  smart too. My brother in law's family have a factory in China with 5000 people working for them. They make silk plats, flowers and Christmas trees. They live in a village constructed for them, they all get a bike and every month they get kilograms of rice + an additional $ every day. They are happy, and they earn more than most of other Chinese workers.

Good Morning Gitaardocphil,

You make a good point about the wood.  Awhile back I had a fellow bring me a Squier body for a refinish job, he wanted a different color scheme.  So I stripped the thing down to bare wood and was surprised to find that the body was made of plywood!
Living up here in "lumber land" I can honestly say that it was not high quality plywood at that!
  Surely not good enough for the vintage sunburst coloring he wanted, the transparent colors would have shown all the worm holes and defects that had been filled so the original solid color would look smooth.  So we used it as a pattern and carved out a replacement body from a nicely grained slab of Alder I had laying around the shop.  Finished that out and installed some hot Seymour Duncan pickups.  Fitted the neck back on and wound up with a really nice Strat knock-off that is not only highly playable, not too heavy, and "sustains for a week".
  Mahogany is preferable because of it's uniform density and light weight.  Straight grained Poplar would make a nice body for an electric with pretty veneer on it. But I built a Birds-eye Maple body for a friend a few years ago that was pretty, and sounded good, but you needed a strong back and serious strap to support!  The Beast weighed 9 Lbs assembled (4.08Kg)!

Take Care;  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Lots of really good info on this forum... The Chinese are building some very good products and also some that are not so good...it's sort of a buyer beware market. Especially on ebay where someone will alter or counterfeit items. I've seen headstock logos sold at some guitar shows...it would be easy for an unscrupulous person to relabel a Squire or Epiphone as a USA high end model and sell it over ebay. It's also easy for someone to design their own counterfiet headstock labels and relabel guitars. That's why I always suggest to know your product and try to play if you can...example if you are familar with a USA Gibson Les Paul made from mahogany and you pick up one that just feels way too light, then it might be a problem...knowing some of the pickguard and truss rod cover screw patterns can help too. Example: Epiphone uses three screws on truss rod cover and Gibson uses two...but the two guitars can look pretty much identical...