Topic: phone with tuner and metronome?

Can you get a mobile phone that incorporates a metronome and/or a guitar tuner? Or even a single accurate reference note?

Re: phone with tuner and metronome?

Yes, Blackberries can do that.

There are quite a few applications for the blackberry smartphone.
I have the following apps on my blackberry pearl.

1. Guitar by "Inhandlearning"
2. Guitar trainer by "Mobiletutor.org"
3. ChordGenie by"Chordgenie.com"

All three have a metronome, chord charts and Chord learning games.

Enjoy,
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Wow! I guess I better crank up and head for the 21st Century...some really cool stuff going on these days!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Modifying my original query slightly, what I probably need to do is download an app to my phone (not a touch-screen phone). its a Nokia5130c.
Anyone done this successfully?

There are also apps for the droid based phones... and I'm sure the iphone as well.  Hmmm... not sure about the phone you have Flester... if it's not a "smartphone" then I think you're limited by whatever your cell company has to offer, but I just got into apps when I got my Moto Droid, I didn't even know that there were apps for blackberries before I started this venture (been behind a bit, yeah). 

Of course... you "could" record some tuning notes, convert to MP3, and load that as a music file onto your phone (I assume your phone can play mp3s) ... and then at the very least you'd have a portable reference!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Not a smartphone, but there should be some apps available.

MKM, recording reference notes is a great idea, think I'll do that anyway