1 (edited by NELA 2010-10-15 00:47:57)

Topic: Finally getting to go home

Well, it's time for me to go home. Been working 7 days a week since Labor Day without any time off and I'm going home, tomorrow. It's time for me to get home, kiss my dog and pat my wife on the...................pat my dog on the head and kiss my wife. Timing should be good as it's our 40th wedding anniversery and I done sent her some roses to kinda smooth things out. Gonna grab my bow and go deer hunting Saturday morning. Really looking forward to this weekend.

Nela

Re: Finally getting to go home

Congrats NELA! - As a long time construction worker, I know how pleasant it is to finally get a chance to go home. If you're like me, a week or 2 is good - then it's time to get back on the road. big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Congrats Nela on the 40 years and being home to celebrate it!

Good Luck on the hunt as well.  If you don't bring home any meat you could always come over to my place and thin the herd that's thinning my orchard... there are a couple of nice bucks in the bunch.  Only problem is that they're pretty small lots around here, 3-5 acres and naturally houses and kids and pets and livestock.  Picked up a couple stray arrows in the yard last season, and I've a couple neighbors that have been taking shots with their long guns early in the mornings since rifle season's opened.  Makes me nervous!

I should caution you though that non-resident licenses and tags are very expensive!  But we've got lots of game!

Take Care:
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Congrats on your 40th anniversary to yourself and Mrs. NELA as well!  I'll bet she'll be happy to have that kiss!  We miss our men something horrible when they are away.  We own 17 acres of nothing but good hunting land.  This will be my son's first year that he can bow hunt big game (deer).  I'm hoping for a good freezer full this year!  I miss some good ole venison stew!  Good luck with your homecoming and a little quiet hunting time!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Congratulations on 40 years.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

40 years.  You're doing something right.  Congratulations.  I hope you have something nice planned for the two of you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

In the long run, men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, they had better aim at something high.

You obviously had a good shot Nella, heartiest congrats to you and yours.

Have a wonderful week end with your GrĂ¡ {Love }

From The Emerald Isle,

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Congrats, Nela.

I used to travel every day of the week (to a different city!) for business and there was nothing like coming home.

Hey, I'm just wondering...am I the only city slicker in this group?

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...

PapaTom wrote:

Hey, I'm just wondering...am I the only city slicker in this group?

Geographically speaking I am a city slicker but I am a country boy at heart.